Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I never played this but I enjoy the SMT series can someone who played it tell me all about it

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

its bad

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Thats disappointing to hear but not unexpected

On a scale of Persona 2's combat system to Nocturne how bad are we talking

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

it was real-ish time combat that was v. similar to a lot of mmos (you had gunner, magic user, and warrior and learned stuff that went off a GCD) but the pace was incredibly glacial and demon management made everyone a pet class which is about as fun as it sounds

grinding was also pretty bad, and you had to grind money, exp, and demon fusion stuff to have something more than a hellish time in areas

it had a pretty cool soundtrack though and the story actually wasn't god awful

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

if someone ever got a private server of it working that had super high rates i'd probably play that

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I would like to play a Persona MMO where everyone has multiple personas and can switch between them like an Elementalist in GW2 switches attunements. That would be pretty cool.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The grind to get past the first main area took fuckin forever, and I quit when goons started mentioning that that was nothing compared to what was ahead. I quit right there.

mulodyne posted:

and the story actually wasn't god awful

I don't remember it being good, but it's been years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Deki posted:

I don't remember it being good, but it's been years.

It wasn't good by any stretch but I remember it being goofy in an entertaining way.

Some stuff about Imagine was kind of cool--it had a decent aesthetic, a good SMT vibe, and a couple of decent mechanics/twists (I kind of liked the block/parry/counter system and even though getting demons could be a real grind there's something to be said for hunting and recruiting and fusing demons in and of itself). Wandering around bombed-out post-apocalyptic Tokyo with your demon buddy was sort of cool, even if the maps were like three times bigger than they should have been and going literally anywhere was a giant pain in the rear end as a result, but ultimately it was a bad game full of bad design decisions, infuriating grindy bullshit, and a blatantly exploitative cash shop. It's a bad game, don't play it (if you even still can I refuse to believe that thing is still around).

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 7, 2015

• Locked thread