Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vagabond
Aug 4, 2006

Have bindle will travel
So I wrote a Novella (31,000+ words) and I need cover art made for me to publish it on Amazon. I actually only need an image or two, if someone wanted to go nuts and do an entire cover that's great too. It is thankless unpaid work for a complete madman with delusions of grandeur though, so consider yourself warned.

Anyone interested in reading the novella and or giving the cover a shot let me know. I could write out a solid description of the book but it's short enough to just read it. A simple description is that it is somewhere between the big sleep and redwall... The main character is a salamander (9inches tall) in a world populated by talking critters with cars and so on, it's like gritty detective fiction for 12 year olds....

PM me any questions, keep the thread clear for much deserved sarcasm and hate filled remarks.

http://bindlestiff.ca/chapter-one/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Vagabond posted:

It is thankless unpaid work for a complete madman with delusions of grandeur though, so consider yourself warned.
keep the thread clear for much deserved... hate filled remarks.

http://bindlestiff.ca/chapter-one/

I'll start. gently caress you. You're going to ask people to work for free for you and then go to Amazon and try to sell your book? A good cover is one of the most important things you can have when you're self-publishing, and you think people should do it for free. gently caress that and gently caress anyone who tries to make artists work for free.

http://shouldiworkforfree.com/

The Vagabond
Aug 4, 2006

Have bindle will travel

blue squares posted:

I'll start. gently caress you. You're going to ask people to work for free for you and then go to Amazon and try to sell your book? A good cover is one of the most important things you can have when you're self-publishing, and you think people should do it for free. gently caress that and gently caress anyone who tries to make artists work for free.

http://shouldiworkforfree.com/

At least I'm being upfront about being lovely. I have no idea if it will sell even 10 copies or I would actually offer something. I'm open to suggestions for potential percentage or something.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

The Vagabond posted:

At least I'm being upfront about being lovely. I have no idea if it will sell even 10 copies or I would actually offer something. I'm open to suggestions for potential percentage or something.

I'll do it for 35% of the royalties.

Actually sign me the copyright, send me all the files you've got and I'll get a good artist and we'll design a beautiful cover, typeset the book in a lovely font and give you 15% of the royalties.

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 8, 2015

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Your book is really bad, also novellas are a lie.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5IV23g-fE

Just pay somebody.

Polycalypse
Aug 7, 2014
If you want a free cover, go photobash one badly with free to use stock photos yourself.

newtestleper posted:

Your book is really bad, also novellas are a lie.

Also, truth.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

That'll be $10. I accept payment in the form of forum upgrades.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
sorry OP you're literally satan now

The Vagabond
Aug 4, 2006

Have bindle will travel

Bad Seafood posted:

That'll be $10. I accept payment in the form of forum upgrades.

This is loving brilliant man, if I find myself in possession of :10bux: anytime soon I will seriously consider that upgrade.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

The Vagabond posted:

Maybe instead of taking some grotesque sort of pride in being open about how lovely you are, you should just not be lovely.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
If I had my wallet here you would have a new avatar Cheapskate McSalamander.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

The Vagabond posted:

PM me any questions, keep the thread clear for much deserved sarcasm and hate filled remarks.

No, gently caress you. Pay your goddamned cover artists.

quote:

I have no idea if it will sell even 10 copies or I would actually offer something

I'd charge you even more for a line like that. "My writing is garbage and I have no idea if there's a market, so why should you get anything for your work?" doesn't cut it.

Nobody give this piece of poo poo a cover, please.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Maybe he really is homeless. Ever think about that?

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Then he should be busking like a real man and not writing novels about voles.

e - wait a minute I just checked out the website. You have a catalogue of your escapades to Japan and Nepal and New Zealand and like ten other countries and you're not willing to pay someone for their work? What the hell.

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 10, 2015

The Vagabond
Aug 4, 2006

Have bindle will travel
Yeah I totally ran out of money because I wandered around aimlessly and spent my time writing silly things about salamanders... I'm not saying it was a great idea, but it happened.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

The Vagabond posted:

Yeah I totally ran out of money because I wandered around aimlessly and spent my time writing silly things about salamanders... I'm not saying it was a great idea, but it happened.

Dr. Kloctopussy posted:

Cool story, bro.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

sorry OP you're literally satan now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.