Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There are good monster-person series that are not completely about the fanservice as well, though. Like Centaur's Worries, which is a creative take on the genre, where all life evolved from creatures with 6 limbs instead of 4, and all of the various branches of humanity(or inhumanity in some cases) evolved in different ways. Centaurs had four lower legs and two upper arms, imps and angels have arms and legs like us and the fifth and sixth limbs grew into vestigial wings, etc. It sometimes has fanservice but that never seems like the explicit purpose of it like Monmusu. Though some chapters are...weird. And then you have like 12 chapters of straight slice of life stuff, supernatural stuff, etc without any sort of fanservice at all.

And then there's ones I wish had less of it, like Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary. It's an interesting idea with a great art style where people are fairly normal until they hit puberty, in which all sorts of powers, physical alterations, and possible growths start to appear, and it can be very cute, charming and funny when not focusing on fanservice stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

Except for the babe with vaginal dentitis I'm gonna gently caress her

I think I'm gonna skip this one.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tarranon posted:

Then we've arrived at the crux of the matter, past obnoxious irony: is it okay to have a pretty expressly erotic anime about girls that are, charitably half animal. you've articulated your position sincerely, and i appreciate that a whole bunch.

personally while i think a vanilla ish romance between a guy and weird monster girls could be okay, and while romance implies sexuality at some point down the line, i still think it's messed up to have a show advertising monster girl boobs, and then blurays advertising uncensored monster girl boobs, and a thread where people speculate what it would be like to have sex with monster girls. I find it pervy!

But I do completely get where you're coming from, and I think in a good world sex would be fun and innocent and you could even imagine what it would be like to have sex with crazy stuff...but I don't think we're there, and if being sex positive means being fine with animated depictions of erotic spiders inviting me to gently caress them then dammit i guess i gotta disagree for now. it'd be one thing if it were a joke devoid of explicit erotic content but the fact that the monsters want to gently caress and then the animators expressly show you their breasts and butt changes the equation, since content has to be judged in the context of the entire work

but now i'm rambling and i guess that's all i wanted to say anyway. thx for talking with me in good faith. knorth remains very good :v

lol what?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm gonna stay behind a curtain of irony so that I can stay friends with both fyad and vegeta

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baps remain good, as long as there are no animal bits immediately attached

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just here to lay Ultra Monster knowledge down when needed.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I think I'm gonna skip this one.

But imagine the rush

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
what if a horse had a human butthole and boobs and hair but the horse vagoo was still there

do you only think about put it in the butt,

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
what I masturbate to is between me and the NSA to judge.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So, uh, that's a lot of posts that I'm sure are very bad so I'm not gonna read them but please keep it somewhat SFW as agreed upon. TIA

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Not nearly enough monmusu pics here

Syenite fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 22, 2015

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Shukaro posted:

Not nearly enough monmusu pics here

Those are really cool! also, I think some of them are actually pokemon

edit. is the gif from something good? it looks cute

Knorth fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 22, 2015

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
That one moth girl has a hella rude cake

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Is birdmom barfing into her child's mouth like an actual bird?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

does holo korbo even really count

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Wait so why is it wrong to be attracted to certain things in a way that 's not expressly harmful to others?

As far as I see it, sexuality is a constantly evolving part of human nature that has no "true" standard. As generations go by, more and more things have and will become sexually acceptable.

im gay like monster girls

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

don't make it weird.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

RabidWeasel posted:

That one moth girl has a hella rude cake

i got a little mad when i saw it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Wait so why is it wrong to be attracted to certain things in a way that 's not expressly harmful to others?

As far as I see it, sexuality is a constantly evolving part of human nature that has no "true" standard. As generations go by, more and more things have and will become sexually acceptable.

im gay like monster girls

shush

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Whats the the third one in the second row supposed to be?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fooley posted:

Whats the the third one in the second row supposed to be?

dullahan

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ahh~! She's holding her head, I though her postured looked really weird and figured what is actually her neck was just a bow or accessory or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
So this thread's been around since Baal was mod, and when Bees asked me early on in my tenure if he could keep it open past its expiration date (the conclusion of Monster Musume, its original subject of discussion) as a monster girl general thread, I said "Yes" on the (naive) condition that he could keep it under control; that it would be his responsibility to shape it up into something semi-respectable, which he has absolutely failed to do. Initially I was content just to let it slide into obscurity, but I see now that was irresponsible on my part as well.

Bees will not be punished since this failure is as much mine as his. I was complicit in the renaming of the thread and negligent in reading it as closely as I should have. This thread will be locked however, and I will be unlikely to permit its like in the future.

• Locked thread