Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol yeah let me send in an anonymous form along with thousands upon thousands of others after studies have proven that no one even reads those. lol get a Linkedin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

uh yeah my dad owns the company but i earn my paycheck ok

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
what kind of job are you applying for with a waiting list in the 'thousands upon thousands'?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Keep Autism Wired posted:

what kind of job are you applying for with a waiting list in the 'thousands upon thousands'?

I'm not. I got a Linkedin :smug:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not sending an application would be more useless, OP.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Not sure that you're doing wrong OP. I've had plenty of interviews come out of online applications.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

uh yeah my dad owns the company but i earn my paycheck ok

same

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not sending an application would be more useless, OP.

lol no. You're more likely to get a job just by laying in your own waste and never leaving than you do with an online application

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Listen to your elders: skip the online application and just show up in person. Make enough of a nuisance of yourself and they will pretty much have to give you a job to get you our of their hair. Or try just jumping in and cleaning stuff up and they will realize how useful you are and hire you immediately.

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

withak posted:

Or try just jumping in and cleaning stuff up and they will realize how useful you are and hire you immediately.

the Costanza method

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I've gotten jobs from applying online.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

yoyodyne posted:

I've gotten jobs from applying online.

That's how I got my federal jobs, they're the only ones who've responded to online applications others than ones on craigslist.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
every job i ever had came from a friend or family getting it for me. lol job applications are a fantasy

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Nobody reads online applications, but if you put in the right buzzwords it'll probably get through their filter so you can waste your time on an interview that won't go anywhere. Paper applications are the real waste of time

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Like lol who even reads poo poo printed on paper anymore

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

lol Linkedin

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
heads up naive goons; when you turn in the online application, you are then supposed to email your guy/girl within the company and get them to give you the job since you have completed the formality of applying

hth

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
sorry to break your guys hearts, but unless there is a personality test that a computer really does handle first, almost every online application is viewed by an actual human.

however, as you all expect, they spend virtually zero time on it so you better fill it with the right buzzwords

source: its called "Human Resources" and thats a huge part of their existence is wasting time on your worthless applications and resumes

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Keep Autism Wired posted:

if it's a retail job or whatever there probably are literally hundreds of people applying for one spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

sorry to break your guys hearts, but unless there is a personality test that a computer really does handle first, almost every online application is viewed by an actual human.

however, as you all expect, they spend virtually zero time on it so you better fill it with the right buzzwords

source: its called "Human Resources" and thats a huge part of their existence is wasting time on your worthless applications and resumes

So you're not just v wasting your time but their time. Find their profile on linkedin instead

• Locked thread