Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Joust posted:

It's the invite to my sweet sixteen.

wait, sweet 16?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nuclearmonkee posted:

remember in high school when they forced you to read a book and bullshit about it in class for a grade. he's a character from one of those books.

The Great Gatsby?

dad gay. so what posted:

clan of the cave bear?

Read the sequel only for the Jondalar parts.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when you take a tour around the hot dog factory, you best be prepared to see dogs being cut in half and decapitated, the same goes for writing

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quakster posted:

when you take a tour around the hot dog factory, you best be prepared to see dogs being cut in half and decapitated, the same goes for writing

wait, the sausage factory? wtf? han solo?

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why would she get rid of it? Tons of writers keep drafts and discarded novels they never intend to publish

I agree, I'm not suggesting she ever intended to destroy it. I also agree with you in thinking she never intended to publish it... but now she is.

Let me restate my concern: she's advanced in age, possibly (probably) senile, and the person in control of her estate (her sister) recently died. I think the push to publish this book did not come from Harper Lee regardless of what her publisher says.

But then again, I probably don't know what the gently caress I'm talking about.

Mandator fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 13, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Mandator posted:

I think the push to publish this book did not from Harper Lee regardless of what her publisher says.

no you are basically 100% right

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wait, whos harper lee again? is that the main guy from robocop?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
did you know that when primus wrote the song "too many puppies" it was actually about clan of the cave bear starring daryl hannah?

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

wait, whos harper lee again? is that the main guy from robocop?

some gay dude (big deal at the time) in the 60s who wrote a really popular manual on how to kill yard birds

Mandator fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 13, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

wait, the sausage factory? wtf? han solo?
yep. lost me one of em tittygrabbers in the great big grinder accident of 98

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quakster posted:

yep. lost me one of em tittygrabbers in the great big grinder accident of 98

welp, at least you died doing what you loved

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
this book would be so much better if it was about scout growing up and joining the weather underground and atticus is horrifed by it

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

welp, at least you died doing what you loved
yeah, rip

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Simstim posted:

this book would be so much better if it was about scout growing up and joining the weather underground and atticus is horrifed by it

Its called American Pastoral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its called American Pastoral

I just checked out its wiki page, this book sounds awesome. I'm going to read it.

• Locked thread