Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Northjayhawk posted:

we're up 4 and we got Herrera if things get silly

Plus after thinking about it for a half second who cares about the position players, it's running out of pitchers that would suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Aroldis Chapman is unfair

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Does he have anything else or is he just all fast balls? I don't think I've ever really seen him before but daaaaaamn that was fun/impressive.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Duke Chin posted:

Does he have anything else or is he just all fast balls? I don't think I've ever really seen him before but daaaaaamn that was fun/impressive.

He has a slider and a changeup, but he was mostly showing off today.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Duke Chin posted:

he has a really loving good slider

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Craw!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Ambassador of Funk posted:

He has a slider and a changeup, but he was mostly showing off today.

hah, rad. Perfect time to show that poo poo off. :getin:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
AL best L.

Hope the Royals go all the way this time.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That may be the last time Chapman was pitching in Cincinnati in a Reds uniform so he was giving the fans a little sumpin' sumpin'.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DeepDickPizza posted:

That may be the last time Chapman was pitching in Cincinnati in a Reds uniform so he was giving the fans a little sumpin' sumpin'.

KC should trade for him and a few other guys in an effort to build a starterless bullpen.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Grittybeard posted:

KC should trade for him and a few other guys in an effort to build a starterless bullpen.

gently caress it. Make a run at him and Cueto and Bruce. Cause that is realistic, right?

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

first back-to-back All Star Game MVP, ever.

the Trout swims alone

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Mustard Iceman posted:

first back-to-back Ted Williams All Star Game MVP Presented by Chevrolet, ever.

the Trout swims alone

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
If I was Frank Thomas I don't think I could resist the urge to murder Pete Rose on live television.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Yeah that was painful to watch. Thomas looked pretty fed up with Rose at the end of that exchange.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

On top of being one of the greatest hitters of all-time, and a liar, and a gambler, Pete Rose is also a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mustard Iceman posted:

On top of being one of the greatest hitters of all-time, and a liar, and a gambler, Pete Rose is also a gigantic rear end in a top hat.
I'd argue that's not true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
In case you've ever wondered how fun it is to score an ASG... well, I had to come up with my own scorecard and system to handle all the subs. I'm amazed I was able to keep up this year; usually I fall behind in the middle innings and have to make tons of corrections. This year, that wasn't a problem.

At least I can say that the Cardinals didn't lose this year's ASG.

• Locked thread