Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

wtf even happened, the dude killed one loving guy and the bitch got the kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

I don't know what you're talking about but promises are when someone says they will do something and THEY HAVE TO.

Cpt.Sean Luc Picard
Nov 24, 2006
man why you even got to do a thing?
I watched it without subtitles, most confusing thing ever

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

well, you have to understand that guy pearce cant make new memories because he's in a computer simulation of the world

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Viggo Mortenson is a fantastic actor and everyone was really eager for Cronenberg to make another classic

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Viggo Mortenson is fantastic at knife-fighting dudes with his schlong schlinging around. Also when I went to see it in the theater they had the AC cranked all the way up and it was cold as gently caress.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Network Pesci posted:

Also when I went to see it in the theater they had the AC cranked all the way up and it was cold as gently caress.

Its to make your dick shrink, so Viggo's dick seems bigger in comparison.

The dick is the narrative core of the entire movie.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
gas

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
You get to see Viggo's dick, balls and rear end instant classic

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Is that a movie or what

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
i've been watching SNL 40th anniversary clips all day idk wtf this poo poo is

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
if you haven't seen this film i think we have already proved its good

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i liked it, good movie, ramsus approved

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

Is that a movie or what

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

gnarlyhotep posted:

Is that a movie or what

yes

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

gnarlyhotep posted:

Is that a movie or what

agreed what this is

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Ok so it's a movie I haven't heard about. That's cool. I just today heard about Zero Theorem, which was directed by Terry Gilliam, so I'm sure it's good. Maybe I'll give this Eastern Pants a try too.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

Ok so it's a movie I haven't heard about. That's cool. I just today heard about Zero Theorem, which was directed by Terry Gilliam, so I'm sure it's good. Maybe I'll give this Eastern Pants a try too.

You should watch Killer Joe, a much better movie than any of those, and one you also haven't heard of.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

You should watch Killer Joe, a much better movie than any of those, and one you also haven't heard of.

that movie was kinda good, i was drunk when I was streaming it, and only watched like 20 minutes of it, but I want to finish it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

that movie was kinda good, i was drunk when I was streaming it, and only watched like 20 minutes of it, but I want to finish it

Laffo if you didn't see the penultimate scene which rules so regally it'll turn your clothes purple

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Laffo if you didn't see the penultimate scene which rules so regally it'll turn your clothes purple

killer scene was the fried chicken blowjob.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
How about you look up penultimate you sob

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Sheep-Goats posted:

How about you look up penultimate you sob

lol if ur not talking about the antepenultimate

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Sheep-Goats posted:

That one looks pretty good too. I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

That one looks pretty good too. I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

Welcom

E: Do something mean to ArbitraryC he did a really bad post in the blood alcohol thread.

EE: I'm going to bed now watch Killer Joe everybody or maybe Stalker if you're feeling melancholy and have some time.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nation posted:

You get to see Viggo's dick, balls and rear end instant classic

Don't forget his tail vestigial though it may be.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

yeah I was actually watching it on my monitor while having some down time w/work. I have a roku now so I can watch it on the tv which means I'll finish it when I watch it next

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Good crime drama ruined by milquetoast ending.

Tone down the violent scenes a bit and it'll make a fine swedish television cop movie.

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 15, 2015

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

DeepQantas posted:

Good crime drama ruined by milquetoast ending.
i think thats the best part about cronenberg stuff

episodes in life are weird and seldom have tidy endings

its like fargo kinda. i dont want to say either one is better but just the way that fargo ends abruptly. same kinda deal.

guy is dead. done. i suppose eastern promises could have used a bigger "end" moment like the fargo wood chipper though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

I keep confusing that movie with Mud

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Killer Joe owns bones.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

one time my buddy gave me a cigarette outside a bar and i dont smoke but i was drunk so i took it, then half way in walked into the bar

some dude stopped me and said woa buddy you must not be from america, you can't smoke here anymore.

i said "im just get off the airplane" in a really phony russian accent and put the cigarette out on my tongue, dude looked like he saw a ghost and i walked away, it felt real cool then i had a bad burn on my tongue for a solid month

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
viggo mortensen does the worst russian accent in film so thats something i guess

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

extra stout posted:

one time my buddy gave me a cigarette outside a bar and i dont smoke but i was drunk so i took it, then half way in walked into the bar

some dude stopped me and said woa buddy you must not be from america, you can't smoke here anymore.

i said "im just get off the airplane" in a really phony russian accent and put the cigarette out on my tongue, dude looked like he saw a ghost and i walked away, it felt real cool then i had a bad burn on my tongue for a solid month

lmfao

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

extra stout posted:

lol

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

promises are basically a more elegant way to deal with asynchronous events than just callbacks, they're pretty cool. they're in ES6, but there's a bunch of third party implementations like Q and there's even a few shims you can try out for backwards compatibility

it's like

code:
downloadAsync()
$.on('downloaded_shit', dealWithEm)
looks good right, but the thing is, the download could send the event before you're listening to them, so that's a real issue right there

so instead you have a promise, which goes like,

code:
downloadAsync().then(dealWithEm, somethingFuckedUp)
so you can see it even has got error handling and stuff already in there, and you can use them to represent any events, not just downloads

give em a try today, hth op

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

im using this in my next screenplay tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Frostwerks posted:

im using this in my next screenplay tia

enjoy, the upside to being a derelict is that most of my stories are good, the downside is that i am usually on pills and have no motivation to write them down or tell them to an audience bigger than hour. goondolences to my family

• Locked thread