Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Been trying a while to get a decent pano of the dash layout. But this gif works better, I think:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

kimbo305 posted:

Been trying a while to get a decent pano of the dash layout. But this gif works better, I think:

Is that a flap to cover the head unit? :gerty:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

meltie posted:

Is that a flap to cover the head unit? :gerty:

Yeah, which is brilliant if you have something like mine that's totally loud and doesn't fit the interior.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

kimbo305 posted:

Yeah, which is brilliant if you have something like mine that's totally loud and doesn't fit the interior.

I really like that; it usually takes me ages to find a head unit that suits the car!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

66 Pontiac Bonneville

PottedPork
May 21, 2002
There is nothing so desperately monotonous as the sea, and I no longer wonder at the cruelty of pirates.
In the spirit of the original post, here's my old center stack from my 2001 Tacoma. It's changed significantly since this picture was taken, but I figured I'd throw it up for posterity.

On the top is an Empeg (Rio Car) hard disk based MP3 player, replacing a 6 disk in dash CD changer. Below is a Blaupunkt Malibu head unit, with a hidden and largely unused casette deck. Key in it's features are the drunk-proof ability to run the car stereo without the keys in the ignition on a 45 minute timer, useful at offroad campouts.

In place of the ashtray is a Uniden CB radio, and then switches for fog lights and a rear facing dust light.

Only thing still there now is the dust light switch, everything else has been removed or replaced. I now have a Pioneer touchscreen headunit with built-in Garmin Nav that can control my iPhone, which is what's used for tunes now. The iPhone does highway Nav better, but when you're offroad it's nice to have your maps available offline.

Solid state for music is an amazing improvement over CDs off-road, lemme tell you what.

Old Tacoma Dash by pottedpork, on Flickr

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kimbo305 posted:

What ferrari is this? :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

LeeMajors posted:

What ferrari is this? :swoon:

348TS

• Locked thread