Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
haha you guys feel into my trap to make this autistic test even MORE autistic hahaha ownt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the dots look like butt plugs

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

you got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Frog Act posted:

lol YES MY MASTERPLAN WORKED

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Do people like to eat those things? they are gross.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Inevitable posted:

Do people like to eat those things? they are gross.

no

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
They're fun for sticking pins into and leaving around the hood

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Champenema posted:

They're fun for sticking pins into and leaving around the hood

loving brutal

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Good job everyone!!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

actually dots are very flavorful and good tasting, very few candies achieve the level of sheer fruitiness of dots brand confections.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Frog Act posted:

post the loving side panel i don't believe you

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

PleasureKevin posted:

post the loving side panel i don't believe you

it's true i proved it with my picture . . .

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

it's true i proved it with my picture . . .

here's my proof

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you need simply count them

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

PleasureKevin posted:

you need simply count them

my picture obviously has more dots than yours . . .

keegles
Aug 24, 2013
I was going to get up at 1:38 am and drive to walmart to find a box of dots and look at the answer

But I think thats quite autistic

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

keegles posted:

I was going to get up at 1:38 am and drive to walmart to find a box of dots and look at the answer

But I think thats quite autistic

please... we don't have dots where i live

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress this, this is some Astrophysics Phd tier poo poo.

Are Dots aimed at Asian kids?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

It's 717696

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Dots, or Mason Dots, are a brand of gum drops marketed by Tootsie Roll Industries, which claims that "since its 1945 launch," the candy has become "America's...#1 selling gumdrop brand." According to advertisements, more than four billion dots are produced from the Tootsie Roll Industries Chicago plant each year.

According to PETA, Dots are vegan, and according to the Tootsie Roll Industries website, they are gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and kosher (officially certified kosher by the Orthodox Union as of December 1, 2009).

Dots were introduced in 1945 by Mason and trademarked that year. In 1972, Tootsie Roll Industries acquired the Dots brand by purchasing the Mason Division of Candy Corporation of America. Prior to that acquisition they were manufactured by Mason, AU and Magenheimer Confectionery Manufacturing Company of Brooklyn and later Mineola, New York.

Crows are the oldest candy in the Dots family, first created in the late 19th century. Original dots date back to 1945, Tropical Dots to 2003, and Yogurt Dots to 2007. Sour Dots were introduced in 2009-2010.

Current flavors for "original dots" include cherry, strawberry, lemon, lime, and orange. Sour Dots have five flavors, but are created with a sour sugar: cherry, lemon, orange, grape, and green apple. Flavors for Tropical Dots include Island Nectar, Wild Mango, Grapefruit Cooler, Carambola Melon, and Paradise Punch; and for Yogurt Dots, Banana, Orange, Blackberry, and Lemon-Lime.

Crows, licorice flavored gum drops, are also considered to be part of the Dots family, created in the 1890s by confectioners Ernest Von Au and Joseph Maison. There is an urban legend that crows were to be called "Black Rose," but the printer misheard the name as "Black Crows" and printed wrappers with the wrong name on them. However, research—including the fact that the name was copyrighted before the candies ever came with wrappers—reveals that this story is not true.

In addition to current varieties of Original Dots (also known as Mason Dots), Tropical Dots, Yogurt Dots, Sour Dots, and Crows, past varieties (including special short-term promotional offerings) have included:

Three special Halloween varieties of Dots have been marketed:

Ghost Dots are translucent light green, with the same flavors of Original Dots, but without the different colors to indicate which flavor any particular gum drop might have.
Bat Dots are black-colored Dots that are blood orange flavored.
Candy Corn Dots are candy corn flavored and resemble candy corn.

Other holiday specialties have included:

Christmas Dots in Cherry, Lime, and Vanilla Flavored
Valentine Dots in Cherry, Vanilla, and Passion Fruit (introduced in 2010)
Easter Dots in Blueberry, Lemon, Lime, Cherry, and Orange (introduced in 2010)

Other varieties and flavors have included:

Wild Berry Dots were introduced in 2000. Wild Berry Dots are sweet, chewy gumdrops coated with a tart, crunchy coating. Wild Berry Dots were discontinued in 2007.
Dots Elements in pomegranate, cinnamon, green tea, and wintergreen (introduced in 2008, no longer being produced)
Hot Dots (aka Cinnamon Dots) were released in 2004 but were discontinued in 2006.
Patriotic Dots in Blueberry, Strawberry, and Vanilla Flavored
During the 1980s, there was a variety of Dots called Spice Dots
Special individual flavor packages such as Pink Grapefruit, Peach, and Watermelon. Marketed as "sour slices," they maintain the gumdrop shape of all other Dots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was pretty high last ngiht and i misread the side panel...it's actually 56....i'm so sorry

• Locked thread