Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ean really, on a loving battlestar how would the cylon boarding party just use DC to vent the oxygen on the ship, why not lock out control of aft damage control
if its such a problem why didnt anyone else waltz in and vent the crew when Geta took over the ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
neat

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
no wait, the opposite of neat

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
not as neat as meth though right?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
sorry about the thread though op better luck next time but maybe please wait until im dead first before trying again

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

loving lmao

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
BSG was really only good because of the amazing design work in the first place

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

eSports Chaebol posted:

:agreed:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

eSports Chaebol posted:

False. It was that plus Edward James Olmos loving killing it as Adama. Everyone else was pretty forgettable.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Butcher posted:

False. It was that plus Edward James Olmos loving killing it as Adama. Everyone else was pretty forgettable.

Tigh was a solid character throughout the series. So was Baltar

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

The Butcher posted:

He was so good he made everyone else look bad. Except the dude playing Gaeta

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

LeoMarr posted:

ean really, on a loving battlestar how would the cylon boarding party just use DC to vent the oxygen on the ship, why not lock out control of aft damage control
if its such a problem why didnt anyone else waltz in and vent the crew when Geta took over the ship?

it's because bsg was really loving lazy about just contriving stupid poo poo whenever they needed the plot to do something

remember when they had that stupid "resurrection virus" and the plan was to execute the infected cylons after they lured a cylon fleet into close range? and then it turns out that instead of just holding guns to the prisoners' heads and waiting for the cylons to jump out, then just shooting them and immediately jumping the gently caress out, they instead left them all alone in a locked and conveniently sealed room where loving chisel-jawed Helo could suffocate them before the cylon fleet showed up

and then the writers' favorite golden boy received no punishment for literally sabotaging an attack ordered by both the president of the colonies and the supreme commander of the colonial fleet

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i remember there was an article towards the end of (or shortly after?) the show where one of the writers said that they had been trying to figure out how to plausibly get from point A to point B during the last season, and ronald moore threw a tantrum and basically said "gently caress this, why do we give a poo poo? it's just all about the characters anyway, we can do whatever we want"

and i really, really wish i could find that article again

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's because bsg was really loving lazy about just contriving stupid poo poo whenever they needed the plot to do something

remember when they had that stupid "resurrection virus" and the plan was to execute the infected cylons after they lured a cylon fleet into close range? and then it turns out that instead of just holding guns to the prisoners' heads and waiting for the cylons to jump out, then just shooting them and immediately jumping the gently caress out, they instead left them all alone in a locked and conveniently sealed room where loving chisel-jawed Helo could suffocate them before the cylon fleet showed up

and then the writers' favorite golden boy received no punishment for literally sabotaging an attack ordered by both the president of the colonies and the supreme commander of the colonial fleet

Yeah there's a lot of poo poo like this, especially in season 4. Like Baltar's Harem got a bunch of assault rifles then that subplot of turning Dog town into a religious extremist controlled area disappeared for some reason.

did helo even really do anything the entire series after impregnating Athena?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Helo impregnated Hoshi too but it was a deleted scene.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Who are the final five?

NO ONE BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T DECIDED YET.

gently caress shows that a story arc but have no plan. gently caress them to death.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

At least one of the final five was a hot mid eastern women so all in all good

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
In hindsight the cylon plan was really lacking.

And Baltar's destiny for which GOD kept him alive for years was to hold a baby for 5 minutes.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

I like the ep where cally got drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

eSports Chaebol posted: