Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

My favorite part was when he said not today motherfucker and then shot a gun at a ufo and hit it and it exploded and he rejoiced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Interstellar had one amazing scene (the docking scene) with that amazing music and it was tense and good. The rest of it was OKAY but not like, particularly good or interesting imo. Gravity was more of a rollercoaster ride and I enjoyed watching it more in the cinema than I did with Interestellar

the moral of Interstellar was always kill Matt Damon

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

ZombieParts posted:

Gravity is great

Interstellar was ok
It is ironic that interstellar is the one where something about gravity is central to the plot, while gravity is the one where signorney weaver is flung into interstellar space.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

both movies are failures since they provide a visual spectacle while failing to make you care about the characters.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
interstellar spent a lot of time doing close-ups of anne hathaway's face which is funny because she's trying to do that thing some actresses do where they purposely make themselves ugly so ppl take em seriously but she is actually just a poo poo actress like scarlet johanson or w/e her dumb name is

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
also cool thing about interstellar is that it's a 2.5 hr movie about flying into new planets and poo poo and there's exactly 1 3-second shot of Saturn

nice job c.no

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
kind of two totally different movies imo besides the fact that they're both 'space' movies

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i think ridley scott made some questionable casting choices for that new space movie coming out. its essentially the interstellar band getting back together; matt damon stranded in interstellar, matt damon stranded on whatever the name of that movie is.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
in Interstellar the future humans opened a portal after the world had been nuked to poo poo with no resources, instead of before when it would've been easier & also billions don't need to die

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i feel asleep during gravity it was that good

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Pvt Dancer posted:

in Interstellar the future humans opened a portal after the world had been nuked to poo poo with no resources, instead of before when it would've been easier & also billions don't need to die

ain't gonna get billions onto space stations

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Gravity was spectacular.

Interstellar was spectacularly bad.

:v:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Gravity was spectacular.

Interstellar was spectacularly bad.

:v:

this but the opposite

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Germstore posted:

this but the opposite
Maybe they were both spectacularly bad.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the best scifi is easily prometheus by a long shot

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Kuato posted:

i think ridley scott made some questionable casting choices for that new space movie coming out. its essentially the interstellar band getting back together; matt damon stranded in interstellar, matt damon stranded on whatever the name of that movie is.

im gonna science the poo poo out of this :haw:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

never mind its actually avatar is the best sci-fi movie

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Space is cool and good and we should go to space and live in space and in other places in space

I liked Interstellar but Gravity was also good, TARS is a good robot

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

numberoneposter posted:

never mind its actually avatar is the best sci-fi movie

Very conveniently, the best sci-fi movie and the best movie of all time are the same thing: Terminator 2.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
no , it most certainly wasnt OP

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Gravity would have been the best movie ever if she just died after talking to the dude in Japan or wherever he was.

I thought it would end there and i was super impressed then no she ofc makes it to earth nbd what a cop out.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
turned off gravity after 10 minutes, such a stupid premise I couldn't buy it for a second

interstellar at least had something approaching interesting, even if it fell apart in the second half

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Zzulu posted:

who opened up the convenient wormhole

Fifth dimensional beings that live in the hyperspace bulk, ffs pay attention.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gravity realistic

interstellar gay.

especially the whole blight premise, it was so loving retarded its almost like avatars UNOBTANIUM poo poo. why not just blow the loving tree up in a fiery hellstorm, what did nukes go out of style when the Humans started mining other worlds

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Neither are as good as Space Cowboys.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

Gravity realistic

interstellar gay.

especially the whole blight premise, it was so loving retarded its almost like avatars UNOBTANIUM poo poo. why not just blow the loving tree up in a fiery hellstorm, what did nukes go out of style when the Humans started mining other worlds

gravity was not realistic. you have not been playing enough KSP

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

LeoMarr posted:

Gravity realistic

interstellar gay.

just lol if you thought either movie was "realistic"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Germstore posted:

gravity was not realistic. you have not been playing enough KSP

exactly just lol is you dont pack enough RC batteries to make it to a mun and back strictly on boosts

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I thought Intersteller wasn't that bad but I don't get why they have that stupid rear end robot, it doesn't seem like a very good design tbh.

Papercut posted:

The worst part about Interstellar was doing math with chalk on a chalkboard in the year 20xx. loving elementary schools don't even use chalk anymore.

http://gizmodo.com/why-mathematicians-are-hoarding-this-special-type-of-ja-1711008881

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Math is still done on chalkboards. Every math department would immediately bankrupt themselves if they had to use dry erase.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

etalian posted:

the moral of Interstellar was always kill Matt Damon

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i never saw interstellar but gravity was poo poo and had the worst protagonist of any movie i've ever seen

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Nefarious posted:

i never saw interstellar but gravity was poo poo and had the worst protagonist of any movie i've ever seen

what are you talking about tars was great

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
they should do a prequel to interstellar with matt damon

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

down with slavery posted:

turned off gravity after 10 minutes, such a stupid premise I couldn't buy it for a second

yeah it was shattering my suspension of disbelief left and right but whatever I probably am more into space poo poo than the average movie watcher.

it was still fine for what it was if you can get past the 'lol no loving WAY' thoughts

Nation posted:

they should do a prequel to interstellar with matt damon

this would actually be good imo

watch matt damon slowly descend into madness or whatever with his AI companion for comfort also slowly breaking down

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

have his gf or wife cuck him from across the galaxy epic

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

wife wouldnt really be believable so probably just a gf

RaDaMaNt
Apr 24, 2012
Yes

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Interstellar was this, but in space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGhLcVqxf0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920