Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.

The Game: Batman: Arkham City is the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum. Dr. Hugo Strange has commissioned a large portion of Gotham to be cordoned off and used as a high security prison called Arkham City. Within its walls, Gotham's criminal elite run amok building armies of goons and fighting each other for supremacy. Is Hugo Strange up to something more sinister with his little plan? Yeah, probably. Batman has to stop him the only way he knows how: Punching the poo poo out of everything and everybody with his enormous and perfect muscles.

Unlike the sectioned off Arkham Asylum, Arkham City is a big open world map. Using his gliding cape and grapnel boost, Batman can sail above the streets of Gotham like never before!! Returning from Arkham Asylum is the slightly rhythm-based combat system, the tense stealth "predator" sections, and some good old fashioned crime solving detective sections.

The LP: I'm Samuel K and my best friends in the world Eric (Exquisite Dead Guy) and Ben (doesn't have an account) will be joining me for this casual, conversational LP. I'm a huge fan of Batman, and have been since I was a very small boy, so I'll be talking about old Batman storylines throughout. We record live commentary. We'll try to keep it quiet during cutscenes, but we probably won't end up doing that at all. I'll be finishing the main story, every side quest, the DLC, and I'll show off some other features in the game. I will not be getting 100% because it's basically impossible. Updates will hopefully be 2 or 3 a week. I might throw in a couple bonus episodes of me ranting about Batman and my love affair with the Caped Crusader as we go.

Episodes:

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'll post bonus material and other crap here.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's go get arrested.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 31, 2015

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's get sick.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 31, 2015

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's go solve some problems.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 7, 2015

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's chill out.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 7, 2015

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
This LP reminded me to try the Arkham series again but then I discovered I still don't enjoy playing them so lol woops

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Steak Eater posted:

This LP reminded me to try the Arkham series again but then I discovered I still don't enjoy playing them so lol woops

I had the same problem with Asylum because I was button mashing. Luckily my decades-long obsession with the Bat won out and I stuck with it until I learned the combat system.

They're not perfect games, (ahem, Origins and Knight) but they're pretty accurate Batman Simulators.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's kill some old dead guy.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

What's up with Eric's voice:stare:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Alhazred posted:

What's up with Eric's voice:stare:

He's from Hell or something. I dunno.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's go fight some ninjas.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's go beat up an old man in front of his daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's go build a snowman.

• Locked thread