Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The flag Tanahashi is waving looks exactly like the ones they give other athletes/teams in Japan, even for junior high or high school district tournaments. The white strips are names of previous winners.

...and now he's broken the handle. Wow. :mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tana via e_key_oide posted:

Thank you all! I've made it though the 'ultimate summer (ref to G1 tagline)'" And I couldn't have done it without you, the fans. So thank you all!" And I couldn't have done it without you, the fans. So thank you all!" "I'd like to keep thanking you, if you'll let me." "Thank you for watching wrestling! Thank you for loving wrestling! "The G1 ends today, but wrestling will continue ever on."
"Thank you for coming to watch! And thank you for supporting me! "Please, keep watching and supporting! Thank you all!"

"Finally! To all the fans in Ryogoku, AND everywhere, who watched the G1! AISHITEMASU!"

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Anyone have a video link to Elgin vs ishii?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Flying to japan for three wrestling shows in sumo hall was the second best decision I've made in years

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

ch3cooh posted:

Flying to japan for three wrestling shows in sumo hall was the second best decision I've made in years

Super jelly. I'm trying to rally some friends to do WK this year. We'll see.

Main event was bananas. And I'm totally cool with another Tana/Okada Dome main event. The rivalry is chasing GOAT status and I want it to get there before Tanahashi is past his prime.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Really enjoyable show. I was so pumped for reDRagon to win, but the match turned to ridiculous overkill after the belt shots. At this point, they should just merge the tag divisions because NJPW has like 5 teams total and two of them are on loan from ROH.

Ricochet/KUSHIDA was insane and I'm not sure that Ricochet will have a functioning body by the time he is 30.

The main event was fantastic but I wanted Nakamura to win so badly. Hopefully Tanahashi is the one leaving the Dome in tears this WK.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

sigmachiev posted:

Super jelly. I'm trying to rally some friends to do WK this year. We'll see.

Main event was bananas. And I'm totally cool with another Tana/Okada Dome main event. The rivalry is chasing GOAT status and I want it to get there before Tanahashi is past his prime.

Just do it. Once you get here it's not nearly as expensive as I thought it would be. Averaging $30-40 a day for food (plus booze of course). Three of us are staying in an AirBnB for $60/person/night.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Did anybody make a gif of Rico's 630 yet because that was the dumbest bump since Tanahashi high fly flowed the ring post

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Did anybody make a gif of Rico's 630 yet because that was the dumbest bump since Tanahashi high fly flowed the ring post

What made it dumber than just a regular 630 miss?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I had high hopes for Ricochet vs Kushida, but they lost me at the start with all the pretty flips. I mean, the stuff they did was technically cool but I just couldn't get into it like I did other recent Kushida matches.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Really enjoyable show. I was so pumped for reDRagon to win, but the match turned to ridiculous overkill after the belt shots. At this point, they should just merge the tag divisions because NJPW has like 5 teams total and two of them are on loan from ROH.

Ricochet/KUSHIDA was insane and I'm not sure that Ricochet will have a functioning body by the time he is 30.

The main event was fantastic but I wanted Nakamura to win so badly. Hopefully Tanahashi is the one leaving the Dome in tears this WK.

He has to be. This has to be the year Okada beats him.

I definitely wanna do WK, but it can't be 2016. Maybe 2017. If I start saving now I can pull it off.

e: Well that was easy! Turns out my fiance has a pop show by her favorite singer that's always held at or around NYE so we're going to do 2 weeks in 2017 that way we both get to cross something off our bucket list.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 17, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PSPcon 2020 is the g1 climax.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

triplexpac posted:

I had high hopes for Ricochet vs Kushida, but they lost me at the start with all the pretty flips. I mean, the stuff they did was technically cool but I just couldn't get into it like I did other recent Kushida matches.

Agreed, but it's more an artistic decision than them having an off night. The gymnastics meet at the start of the match was impressive but didn't get me more into the match.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

ch3cooh posted:

Just do it. Once you get here it's not nearly as expensive as I thought it would be. Averaging $30-40 a day for food (plus booze of course). Three of us are staying in an AirBnB for $60/person/night.

Where's a $180 Air BnB put you in the city? My brother and I are trying to do WK10 and might take that route instead of a hostel or a god drat capsule hotel

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

checksin posted:

Where's a $180 Air BnB put you in the city? My brother and I are trying to do WK10 and might take that route instead of a hostel or a god drat capsule hotel

Heart of Asakusa

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Tonfa posted:

The match was tremendous and the booking here is fine but I really wanted Nakamura to win, he's so far behind in their rivalry now :(

Yeah I really wanted Nakamura to win as well, he really deserves to close out a Wrestle Kingdom. In fact, I don't know how they'd get there, but I would mark the hell out for Nakamura winning the title before WK and the main event being a rematch of G1. Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada, Styles and Ibushi are always amazing when facing one another in high-stakes title matches, so I'm sure there will be amazing matches at Wrestle Kingdom involving all or most of them, but my heart wants Nakamura to overcome that dragon screwing son of a bitch on the biggest stage of them all.

Very special shout-out to Red Shoes doing the most dynamic and exciting 3-count I've ever seen to end that main event as well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

epitasis posted:

PSPcon 2020 is the g1 climax.

That's the summer of the Tokyo Olympics, so, prrrrrobably not good timing.

If I'm in Japan this holiday I'll be going to WK10. And if I am then any and all goons coming are welcome to hang out and ask for travel advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's the bloody idea mate! olympics/g1 supertrip

• Locked thread