Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
A few weeks ago, she spotted a gecko scaling the walls & her inner huntress was unleashed. Long story short, gecko got away, and ever since my cat has been obsessively searching for this loving gecko every time I see her. I'm worried that she'll never feel fulfilled if she doesn't catch this drat thing. Should I just go out and buy a gecko for her? I hate seeing her losing her mind over this.

tl;dr cat is cpt. ahab, gecko is moby dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fusilli Jerry posted:

A few weeks ago, she spotted a gecko scaling the walls & her inner huntress was unleashed. Long story short, gecko got away, and ever since my cat has been obsessively searching for this loving gecko every time I see her. I'm worried that she'll never feel fulfilled if she doesn't catch this drat thing. Should I just go out and buy a gecko for her? I hate seeing her losing her mind over this.

tl;dr cat is cpt. ahab, gecko is moby dick

your cat is dumb

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
give her catnip

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
She'll get over it. Just takes time. Mine was stalking a spot in the backyard for months after bringing home a drop tails tail.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Gaunab posted:

give her catnip

That's a good idea.

Also, pets stores have these little tiny fake mice with a tail made of leather. My cats used to go nuts for those and always eat the tails. Get her some toy like that to play with.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I doubt this story, animals don't have memory

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

I doubt this story, animals don't have memory

pretty sure goldfish can remember 30 seconds

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Once a cat gets the thirst for live prey you gotta put it down OP.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
pet the cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

put your cat in a burlap sack and throw it over the old bridge

• Locked thread