Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

my last date with my wife involved her bringing me lunch at work and then watching me program a robot

we didnt even gently caress :argh:

You're a beta cuck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
12 years ago I was friendzoned by this girl

then I stopped being a gross insecure nerd, learned how to talk to women and for some coincidence we met again and started dating, getting married now

people ask her why we didn't date back then and she said it's because I didn't ask her, also that i was weird looking, so agreed op

nerdz fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 22, 2015

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
make sure you use your position as her husband to punish her for the half-imagined slights of years past

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The ghost of friend zone past

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Get out of here, stalker.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
in the background is the ghost of the nerd'z former fedora'd form, which he had to kill in order to get the object of affections in the first place. a single tear rolls down his cheek as he tips his hat to his future self, the same kind of rear end in a top hat he always hated.

e: wait 12 years lol. she's been riding the cock carousel and now she's too old so she's marrying down with the loser from her past, amazing. prepare to be cucked

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

The FriendZone sounds like a p. cool amusement park where you just go with your friends to ride cool rides and eat pizza.

Cock Carousel sounds like one of those rides. Like a sweet Merry-Go-Round where all that seats are giant chickens.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even get the friend zone. The friend zone means you tried to get with someone without making it clear what you're doing and instead are trying to just sidle up to them like a friend and then somewhere you drop the feelings on that person and they're like 'what?'

There's nothing wrong with being friends with the opposite sex but if it's just a stratagem to get laid and then you're surprised when she goes 'but... we're friends?' then lol at you

nerdz posted:

people ask her why we didn't date back then and she said it's because I didn't ask her

see what I mean? should have just made it clear upfront that you are attracted to her (without making it creepy/weird I feel like I need to add that for goons).

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

see what I mean? should have just made it clear upfront that you are attracted to her (without making it creepy/weird I feel like I need to add that for goons).

Hahahaha like goons can ever ask a girl out without being creepy or weird

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

nerdz posted:

12 years ago I was friendzoned by this girl

then I stopped being a gross insecure nerd, learned how to talk to women and for some coincidence we met again and started dating, getting married now

people ask her why we didn't date back then and she said it's because I didn't ask her, also that i was weird looking, so agreed op

uhhhhh

hhhhnnggnnngg

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
*farts*

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

The friendzone is real but it's a self-inflicted punishment by either waiting too long to show interest or obsessing over a girl who isn't interested

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dog buttz posted:

The friendzone is real but it's a self-inflicted punishment by either waiting too long to show interest or obsessing over a girl who isn't interested

yeah

emancipate yourselves from mental slavery

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

The Saurus posted:

e: wait 12 years lol. she's been riding the cock carousel and now she's too old so she's marrying down with the loser from her past, amazing. prepare to be cucked

it was in high school so not that old

but after meeting her again I discovered she was extremely insecure and dated even bigger losers than me so she probably realized it won't get any better

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr
I unironically read several feminist blogs. They're mostly normal and intelligent, but sometimes there are horrible tumblrista trainwreck posts.

A couple months ago there was an article like "Is it ok for feminist women to date non-feminist/misogynistic men?" and the answer boiled down to "Yes, women should be true to themselves and listen to their own desires, and since feminist men are all pussy betas and women naturally prefer alpha males, just go for the biggest rapiest guy you can find and don't worry about it"

So according to actual tumblr feminists, men shouldn't be feminists if they plan on getting laid ever.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

nerdz posted:

it was in high school so not that old

but after meeting her again I discovered she was extremely insecure and dated even bigger losers than me so she probably realized it won't get any better

it's always when they hit 30 that they settle down with the fz loser, i read it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just like........

treat women like humans instead of some subclass of society but at the same time don't let people walk all over you and treat you like garbage

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

I just like........

treat women like humans instead of some subclass of society but at the same time don't let people walk all over you and treat you like garbage
Its amazing how many on both sides conflate the two though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Its amazing how many on both sides conflate the two though.

for real.

I think it's misogyny to treat women all special and let yourself get walked all over for no other reason than she's a girl, too. It goes both ways imo.

Yeah I'll hold the door if I'm opening it and you're walking up but shocker: I hold the door for men, too. It's just polite. gently caress if I'm going to run around my car and open your door though lol.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Petition to cancel Eli Roth's film Green inferno.

https://www.change.org/p/eli-roth-to-cancel-the-launch-of-the-dehumanizing-film-green-inferno

quote:

Films like this have always portrayed negative stereotypes against indigenous people as brute savages. These films have psychological effect as indigenous people have been through colonial trauma assimilating to white culture being taught self hate. "Westerners are unfortunately ignorant about Amazonian indigenous cultures and depicting them in such a violent story dehumanizes their peoples and couldn't be farther from reality. Shame on you. As a storyteller you hold a great responsibility to influence others. Propagating such hate towards peoples who have been ravaged and raped for decades by white supremacist culture is not constructive in our fight to save the Amazon. Most indigenous communities are more in tune with nature than you'll ever be, and would never conceive of such violence for profit. It's a shame, we should be creating stories than accurately depict indigenous way of life which is holistic, sustainable, spiritual and harmonious with our earth and brothers and sisters. If you want to save the Amazon and stop China from buying leases to drill oil, make a story depicting the corporate shills for the murderers that they really are. You don't have to create racist, offensive, inaccurate crap to get people to care about the most biodiverse place on the earth. And if you really want to make a difference, give your money to organizations like ours who are the people on the ground standing up for indigenous rights and making tangible change. Indigenous peoples are the key to preserving the Amazon. If we don't respect and empower them, we will lose the lungs of our planet. They should be honored and respected." - Amazon Watch

Daniel Lee Vandenberg's Reason for signing? "I am a human being."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
'vote with your wallet' is retarded all else aside though

• Locked thread