Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Hello Creative convention goons. I've been going to therapy for a little under a year now and one of the exercises my therapist Jolanda thinks will help me is creative writing. She says I've very creative and that I shouldn't be wasting it. She also said it helps a lot for people with my particular mental problems hahaha! I ended up deciding to do a movie script for my therapy project and I've been working on it for months now. The idea is to express what I've learned in therapy, but also to relax and do my best to express my frustrations. I even tried doing the kind of writing style where you just write whatever words come to your mind without worrying if they mean anything, Jolanda says that I have a lot of pent up subconscious anger about sexuality.

The goal isn't really ever to make this into a movie or anything, it's just some help so I might as well get some help from people who actually do real writing for a job or passion. Personally I'm just doing this because I can't ejaculate into prostitutes properly like a normal person can.

The biggest things I need help with are the ending of the film, and how to properly format to even post it to the forum to show in the first place, because when I copy and paste it from NOTEPAD.EXE it ends up all jumbled and nonsense, with all the spaces between words removed for some reason. I think it has something to do with NOTEPAD.EXE's word wrap formatting feature. Here's what it looks like in the preview post

And here's what it looks like in NOTEPAD.EXE

If someone could help me figure out this formatting issue I'd really appreciate it as my therapy project is due this Friday and I'd like to hear some constructive criticism about it before I hand it in to Jolanda, my therapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
TheCableGuy2Aphilosophicaljourneytoapotheosis[Intro]Themoviebeginswithamirrorreflectingtheaudienceofthetheaterbacktoitselfforfiveminutesbeforethemoviestarts[Beginning]Amuscularoldwhitemanwithacoarsewhitebearddownthhiskneesisseenonaturtleflyingthroughwhatlookslikethickwhitecloudsineverydirection.Hethrustshishandsintoacloudpufffloatingbyandprysitaparttorevealaportaltotheplanetearth.TheportalzoomsintorevealIvan,someshortfagwithajewnose,andthenKaraanextremelysexybarelylegalteenwithwidehipstinywaistgoodpiercingsatinyneckangelfacemilkytongueflowinghairbitteralmondeyes.Imean,she'sarealsweetheart.Heclosestheportalandwalksovertoapedestalwithabookonit,opensittothefirstpageandbeginsconfidentlyreadingaloud:MetaGod:Allthatis,isthecase,andKiisthemeansbywhichthecasebecomes.ThecharacteristicofReikiisnothingmorethanGod'slegalfiction.Thesummationofconsensusistheneodialecticalinverseofexperience.HelooksatthecamerawhileflippingthroughthepageswithasmuglookonhisfaceMetaGodWoetothosewhocan'tunderstandthe simplewordsofI,Meta-God.Hereachesdownintohispantstoreadjusthisbigcock,andthecamerapansdownwardstorevealatowerofneverendingturtles,withtheearthvisible,orbitingthetower.MetaGod:

^^^^^^
This is what happens with the word wrap feature off, it's not any better so that's not the problem.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I dont wanna do it this way but im just gonna have to take a lot of screenshots because I can't figure this out, I probably should've used a word processor instead a program for notes, haha, but its part of the learning process

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
OP, since I have helped you with your very real & true emotional issues in the past, I will help you now. Firstly, look into Fountain markup language formatting. Second, this is a lot of words that I'm fairly certain I don't care to read, so could you post a 'log line' for your story?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Nitpicky stuff:
- Grammar needs a little love
- I'm not totally sold on the character names.

The Good:
- I did find the images helpful.

Other Notes:
This might just be me, but things get a little confusing in the 3rd act. Have you considered killing yourself? SEEK YOUR FORTUNE BENEATH THE KITCHEN SINK

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Something Else posted:

OP, since I have helped you with your very real & true emotional issues in the past, I will help you now. Firstly, look into Fountain markup language formatting. Second, this is a lot of words that I'm fairly certain I don't care to read, so could you post a 'log line' for your story?

I had to look up what a log line is, and I think it's kind of like the thing they put on movie posters to advertise the movie. Mine would probably be like "For Ivan Crylte, the price of sex is about to go up, but is free sex worth all this? There's no such thing as free sex." thats the shortest way I can think to summarize the 3 different sections of the movie (all of which stand alone, but are much more meaningful together) I didn't have time to use the mark up language you suggested but thanks anyways.

Victor Vermis posted:

Nitpicky stuff:
- Grammar needs a little love
- I'm not totally sold on the character names.

The Good:
- I did find the images helpful.

Other Notes:
This might just be me, but things get a little confusing in the 3rd act. Have you considered killing yourself? SEEK YOUR FORTUNE BENEATH THE KITCHEN SINK

Thanks, I cleaned up the grammar before handing it in today. I can't change any of the character names because then 80% of the script wouldn't make any sense at all. I don't understand the kitchen sink comment.

I showed it to my therapist Jolanda today. I ended up just switching out the comments at the end with "To be continued" and I added a quick scene that explains why the bird fell during the psychward scene (existence was being hit with sleeping gas rather than just the psychward). Jolanda commented that it was a little bit too long and made a joke about how my therapy sessions would also need "to be continued". OVerall the project was helpful I think for my mental health. It's like how meditation seeks to quiet the mind, it's a lot easier to cope with negative thouights/ negative habits if you write them down. Thanks.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Are the rights still unsecured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Something Else posted:

Are the rights still unsecured?

I dunno what that means so probably not.

• Locked thread