Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Volume posted:

Like take an honest hard look at your work ethic and your job. Do you work harder than most or are you an average worker?

I did for a year, and then realized after getting a stellar review yet not even a cost of living raise, and seeing kiss-asses get ahead while shlubbing along at whatever pace they want? Not so much anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Shithouse Dave posted:

I've worked both desk jobs and physically-doing-poo poo jobs, and I gotta say, I like the physically doing poo poo a lot better. I feel like the whole focus of schooling and education is to go get a job where you wear a suit and state at a screen all day and yet everyone I know who does that sees it as a grind. I don't ever want to go back to office work.

Opposite. SO loving GLAD to get out of manual poo poo. Cannot understand why people like being cut, electrocuted by coworkers, constantly nearly killed, sunburned, getting arthritis in your joints by age 30, etc. THe "but you built something" reasoning doesn't resonate with me when someone else owns it. Being in Texas is awful, being in Texas but not in an airconditioned office building is really drat awful.

The key is APPEARING to work hard. Its performance art.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I work at a restaurant. Everyone else seems to be working really hard just to keep up, but everything seems excessively easy to me. There's a woman who works with me who seems to find it easy too, but everyone else struggles and complains. Obviously, none of us would prefer to be there, but they act like there's an additional burden on top of just being trapped in a restaurant for half a day.

Also, I'm apparently the only person who knows how to clean. And cleaning is REALLY EASY. So I always look like The Good Guy at the end of a shift where everyone else is up to their rear end in filth.

So I guess I "work hard" but none of it seems like work to me, plus I'm probably stoned

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sheep-Goats posted:

One summer I worked in a lumber mill.

I worked at one for a while. After a couple months I moved up to forklift. It was pretty stressful as it's all about max production constantly with supervisors checking in on progress constantly.

Also set chokers for logging. That was probably the hardest physically. Also not getting paid for riding an hour and a half one way just to get to the job every day and getting up at 3am was terrible. I'd get up at 3am then get home at 5 or 6pm exhausted. Weekdays there was zero time for anything else.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Hard work is for dummies who can't just get their stuff done in a minimal amount of time so they can goof off all day while they pretend to do the work they already finished

• Locked thread