Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Outrail posted:

Make a tiny keg of whiskey. Drink the tiny keg of whisky.
Not before adding some milk and rum to it, I hope. We have a standard to maintain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

You make something up about a sand pile or whatever that you've used up. You flee, avoiding further interrogation. you have science to do!

Music

You sit down in front of one of the doors you've built. You stare at the frame. You think about where you want to go. Perhaps… the Bahamas? Yes.You think very hard about the Bahamas. You stare intently at the door, its frame, and all other pieces of the door. You feel at one with the door and the Bahamas.

You stand up and open the door. It still leads to a supply closet. Oh well! It was worth a try. You drink some whiskey to drown your sorrows.

Music

You make a pipeline between the fountain and your bar, flip over the "OPEN/CLOSED" sign, and begin polishing a sand mug. You've opened for business! The most obvious consequence is that the view through the windows from inside is rapidly switching between a multitude of places, and you don't think you've seen any repeats.

The windows stop flashing, settling on a view of a busy city street. A woman walks in and closes the door.

"Slow day, Tim?"

She sits at the bar.

What do you say?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
"It will pick up now that you are here." *pretend to wipe a glass mug* "The usual?"

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Nyaa posted:

"It will pick up now that you are here." *pretend to wipe a glass mug* "The usual?"
This. Be chatty and friendly. Provide excellent service.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ralith posted:

This. Be chatty and friendly. Provide excellent service.

Sure, why not?

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Music

You tell her that it'll pick up soon. You get to polishing a glass.

"Well, hopefully it won't be because of my own fame. You might not want that crowd today. I'll have the house special, by the way."

What is the house special?

You make the drink and hand it to her. She drinks half in one go, then sets it down.

"Tim, did I ever tell you that I smuggle books for a living?" She takes a sip of her drink. "Well, I don't anymore. I used to smuggle books."

How do you respond?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

"You could try something smaller, and not a whole backpack full of it."

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
"What sort of book needs smuggling? Why'd you stop?"

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Nyaa posted:

"You could try something smaller, and not a whole backpack full of it."

That is a great comment. I say we do this.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm somewhat a bibliophile myself. Oh, smuggle.... um, what sort of books were they?

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Music

You ask what sort of books get smuggled by backpack.

She looks a little surprised, then returns to her drink. "So you knew, then? That's a little bit of a surprise, but you are a bartender…"

She finishes her drink. You talk to her for a while, then she gets up.

"I've gotta go. Looks like…" She sees a couple of men walking past the window. "Aw, poo poo. Could you do me a favor and get these guys to leave? Thanks." She vaults over the counter and hides behind it. The door opens.

"Hey. Slow day? That's good. Have you seen this person?" One of the men puts a picture of the smuggler on the counter. You can see her shaking her head out of the corner of your eye as you look at it.

What do you do?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

"Can't say that I do. How about you fellas try out my new special recipe?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Deny knowledge and mix the newcomers a Fro Jone Imlky Orxange with extra Jone and not enough Fro. And three ounces of hot sauce.

• Locked thread