Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I know the "cool" thing here is to say that the movie wasn't good, but Im here to say that I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Okay.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I know the "cool" thing here is to say that the movie wasn't good, but Im here to say that I liked it.

I would gently caress the robot

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
i agree it was good for the most part, but i can't abide the image of the proud white robot diluting her racial purity by taking the asian robots skin

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I just kissed a girl and I liked it

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i hope that paul blart dont mind it

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I heard a rumor that the goony main character was actually the AI being tested. In essence, the Turing test was being done on us, the viewer.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
the only exposure ive had to this move is the marketing which is awful and basically was based around 'you want to gently caress this robot huh boy?'

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought it was pretty good

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Laughing Man posted:

the only exposure ive had to this move is the marketing which is awful and basically was based around 'you want to gently caress this robot huh boy?'

Spoiler: thats a central theme of the movie

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I want to see it. The ad I saw looked good.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There was a time a month or so ago that I really wanted to see a movie and the most likely suspect was this robot movie that this thread is about but I never went because it seemed like it would be kinda poo poo and I think I'm probably right about that.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

vyst posted:

I would gently caress the robot

She has nice boobies.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I was enjoying it up until the point when the writer decided "gently caress it, let's just throw everything at the viewer and hope something sticks".

It reminded me of Sunshine.

Oh.

Wait.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also I just saw a preview of a movie where Tom Cruise has a wisecracking black sidekick which I have less interest in than a Norbit sequel.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Im not one of those guys who says every movie is too long, but this one could have benefited from being pared down to about 80-90 minutes. That would be my only critique

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Im not one of those guys who says every movie is too long, but this one could have benefited from being pared down to about 80-90 minutes. That would be my only critique

so you want them to cut out 10 minutes? lol
best character in the movie was the douchey smart guy who makes gently caress bots.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i thought it was gonna be good but it was just ok

i liked automata better

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I saw it a couple months ago in the theatre, and yeah I thought it was great too. Good cinematography, acting, dialogue. Only thing I would fault it on would be the predictability of the plot, but again it was so well executed it didn't matter.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

a bone to pick posted:

so you want them to cut out 10 minutes? lol
best character in the movie was the douchey smart guy who makes gently caress bots.

20-30 minutes, actually. It would have a profoundly positive effect on the movie's flow. Checkmate

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the techie CEO character was hilarious

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I thought it was good and entertaining and just the right length (much like my dick)

also I totally dig sexy robot ladies

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Never heard of it, good to hear you liked something though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

the techie CEO character was hilarious

humans can't cure neurological disorders but i can build a conscious brain from scratch, and put it in a robot body, a girl robot body, with a vag, and imma gonna make a bunch of em and rape em in my home fortress in the middle of nowhere :hehe:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The movie was really bland and boring and none of the "questions" it raised were interesting other than the fate of human dancers once robots tear up the dance floor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maldoror posted:

humans can't cure neurological disorders but i can build a conscious brain from scratch, and put it in a robot body, a girl robot body, with a vag, and imma gonna make a bunch of em and rape em in my home fortress in the middle of nowhere :hehe:

the techie dream

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Nanomashoes posted:

The movie was really bland and boring and none of the "questions" it raised were interesting other than the fate of human dancers once robots tear up the dance floor.

just build another robot that repairs the dance floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
It has a name thats cool like steam punk, and saying it isnt speaking standard english so low brow gently caress tards eat it up.

• Locked thread