Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Hi GBS,

I just woke up today. I shroomed last night. It was great. However, shrooms do like shrooms do and made me ~think too much~ and then I had lots of dreams about being too old and feeling weirdly nostalgic about the past. Like one was me just being old, one was being sent to the future somehow and struggling to adjust to things, one was the world changing and my kind was being hunted out of existence. They felt like real life. They still do, and the knowledge that I will slowly forget them throughout the days ahead makes me feel loving weird. Like did it even really happen once I forget? Yes, technically, of course, but of what consequence? Seems like kind of a shame to forget. So much lost.

Anyway I feel kind of strange (although with a little after-shrooms elation as well). What I need to know is what food should I order right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
congratulations! today you can eat ungodly amounts of mushrooms in front of your friends and you won't even get high

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

amityville anus posted:

congratulations! today you can eat ungodly amounts of mushrooms in front of your friends and you won't even get high

dont think ic an order mushrooms

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Enjoy overthinking absolutely everything for the next 2 weeks.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
If youre smart you will realize that all these profound things are just this:

tardwrangler posted:

If youre dumb youll soon be a hippy, but thats OK hippys are pretty well integrated to society nowadays anyway and thars fine just dont talk to me about how you think the world works plz

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

tardwrangler posted:

yeah like i cant decide what food to order

Also, and while im very familiar with shrooms over ... drat, the last decade at least, occasionally I get this strange "split" sensation with them. Like if my life and all the experience was a long line it'd go up and down and all around but its still one line. However sometimes on shrooms I feel like there is a "break" in that line. As if everything that was before - was before - and everything after - is now permanently after. I might as well be two copies of myself from my perspective now. Its like the first day of the rest of my life! But it really feels that way versus some corny motivational catchphrase.

So what should I first eat for this new timeline in my life

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
from now on whenever you want a cheap high you can just read some douglas hofstadter until you trigger a flashback

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

go to the nearest place that sells corn dog and get at least 5

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

yeah like i cant decide what food to order

Also, and while im very familiar with shrooms over ... drat, the last decade at least, occasionally I get this strange "split" sensation with them. Like if my life and all the experience was a long line it'd go up and down and all around but its still one line. However sometimes on shrooms I feel like there is a "break" in that line. As if everything that was before - was before - and everything after - is now permanently after. I might as well be two copies of myself from my perspective now. Its like the first day of the rest of my life! But it really feels that way versus some corny motivational catchphrase.

all of your cool insights are true but also they don't matter hth

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
eat a dish loaded with delicious fresh veggies, no meat

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Go to Taco Bell (must be drive thru) and get 6 of whichever item has the biggest picture on the menu

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
can one truly go wrong with pizza?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Keep Autism Wired posted:

eat a dish loaded with delicious fresh veggies, no meat

hmmmm

Willias posted:

hmmmmmmmmm :)

Matey posted:

Go to Taco Bell (must be drive thru) and get 6 of whichever item has the biggest picture on the menu

should probably get high first but hmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Matey posted:

go to the nearest place that sells corn dog and get at least 5

nobody sells corn dogs

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Willias posted:

olives

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Northern hemisphere: Lemon gelato.

Southern hemisphere: Minestrone with olive bread.

On the equator?....bunch of mangos

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Very relevant video:
http://youtu.be/5D1gJ_GygAI

Fractals are cool but pointless, some things in natures are fractals because patterns are a thing. Its cool and worth thinking about but not in a 'makes me money and gives me stability' kind of way unless you start painting fractals and selling them or whatever.

Your lifetime is probably more of a fractal pattern with you, age 0, as the seed for that particular pattern, all the possible timelines in all the possible dimensions still stem from that little seed: your own baby rear end. Everything else is circumstances, and you should find some meaning beyond 'its random' in these things because meaning is fun to explore. Go forth and buy some drat eco smoothies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Hmm nice thanks

• Locked thread