Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You know how some people spend thousands of dollars on a purebred Bernese Mountain dog? Well some people adopt a dog from the animal shelter for cheap then spend thousands of dollars on surgeries to keep it alive. The dog economy is very diverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
For the same reason people go vegan or whatever, so they can feel smugly superior to all the normals.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
If Community taught me anything, it's because selfish/self centered people need broken, dependant, high maintenance pets when there is no qualifying human relationship available so they can feel like a good person who is "genuinely" doing a good thing.

See also, : Injured Bird Syndrome

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Please read David Sedaris's short story, "The Mouse and the Snake" from Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk for all your answers op

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I wouldn't think about it too much because we sterilise the animals we teach and nurture thereby ensuring they will never evolve. That is the greater fascist crime.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Frankenstyle posted:

Because three legged dogs tip over easily, and blind cats are also funny if you remember to regularly rearrange your furniture.

ok now this is something i can get behind

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I adopted a blind cat - kitten, at that point - because some horrible person poked its eyes out and left it lying on the vet's front mat where my wife at the time worked. We felt bad for the little orange thing and took it home, even though it was before the 'net and I didn't even know anybody to brag to about what an awesome person I was for doing it.

It was a great cat, and I don't even really like cats that much. It could run through the house at top speed, jump up and down on anything, and even if you moved the furniture, the cat knew it somehow and avoid crashing into it. He was cheerful and loved to play and I was sad when my ex took him in the divorce. :(

My point? gently caress, I dunno, just that blind cats that are blind from birth or early kittenhood aren't much different than any other cat. None of my friends believed he was blind, he just looked like he was squinting all the time.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

My neighbours cat grew up totally missing it's beck left leg. It just never grew, but she is adorable :3: However when she runs, because cats bodies are quite long, she looks like an oscillating snake getting used to 3 new legs.

oscillating snake was the hardest boss in MGS IMO

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

We have a tripod cat at our shelter right now. He is a big black cat with a white moustache who was picked up by a cougar but got away with a dislocated knee. The knee never healed up and although we investigated reconstructive surgery for him, it was decided that the rehab and keeping him immobile just wasn't going to work, so he had the leg amputated. He is a really sweet cat and he should be in foster, but his foster situation fell through so he is our shelter mascot. He likes to sit in reception and lay on the paperwork or share the computer chair. Mostly he just loves to hang out though. He'll follow us into the kitchen and laundry room and just watch whatever we are doing, unless there is a dog. He doesn't care for dogs much. When it comes to people and other cats he is a big snuggle bug and I love him.

I would take him home but my older cat is kind of a big B and I'm worried she would beat up on him.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Shithouse Dave posted:

We have a tripod cat at our shelter right now. He is a big black cat with a white moustache who was picked up by a cougar but got away with a dislocated knee. The knee never healed up and although we investigated reconstructive surgery for him, it was decided that the rehab and keeping him immobile just wasn't going to work, so he had the leg amputated. He is a really sweet cat and he should be in foster, but his foster situation fell through so he is our shelter mascot. He likes to sit in reception and lay on the paperwork or share the computer chair. Mostly he just loves to hang out though. He'll follow us into the kitchen and laundry room and just watch whatever we are doing, unless there is a dog. He doesn't care for dogs much. When it comes to people and other cats he is a big snuggle bug and I love him.

I would take him home but my older cat is kind of a big B and I'm worried she would beat up on him.

OH MY GOD

WHO CARES

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Shithouse Dave posted:

This is a good story and thank you for sharing.

Your older cat will not like the 3 legged cat at first, but after a few weeks they will either become buds, or he just won't bother with him.

JnnyThndrs posted:

I adopted a blind cat - kitten, at that point - because some horrible person poked its eyes out and left it lying on the vet's front mat where my wife at the time worked. We felt bad for the little orange thing and took it home, even though it was before the 'net and I didn't even know anybody to brag to about what an awesome person I was for doing it.

It was a great cat, and I don't even really like cats that much. It could run through the house at top speed, jump up and down on anything, and even if you moved the furniture, the cat knew it somehow and avoid crashing into it. He was cheerful and loved to play and I was sad when my ex took him in the divorce. :(

My point? gently caress, I dunno, just that blind cats that are blind from birth or early kittenhood aren't much different than any other cat. None of my friends believed he was blind, he just looked like he was squinting all the time.

There is no upvoting or points system on this forum.

You were kind to take him in, as the thought of someone intentionally poking a kitten's eyes out makes me want to vomit.

I am hoping your ex is taking good care of him.

Anyway, good job! You're a good human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Lol at the posters thinking gbs is some kind of human being hugbox like imgur is for your gay rear end stories

• Locked thread