Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I purchase my bacon precookedfrom the local associated foods market or if I am at costco I get that Kirkland brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
american bacon is much worse than the bacon i had in canada and the bacon i get here in australia

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Canadian bacon is just ham sandwich meat that they put on pineapple pizza.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Why does the queen's empire think that ham is called bacon?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

TEAYCHES posted:

i prefer over-easy w/ bacon fat tbh and some hash browns

Hell yes. A well made breakfast of eggs over easy (cooked in bacon grease), bacon and hash browns (or home fries) is easily at the top of the short list of things in life that still bring me joy. Add in a nice toasted bagel or English muffin to soak up the leftover yolk and bacon grease and you've got something that will make even the shittiest of Monday mornings just a little bit brighter and life just a little more worth living.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 28, 2015

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rand alPaul posted:

Baking bacon is a really great idea if you love grease fires in your oven.

You're the goober that did this aren't you?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Who the gently caress bakes bacon?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Wendigee posted:

my friend swears that nuked bacon is almost as good as cooked.. sammich that poo poo in paper towels and flip it halfway through. no mess and done real quick.

not sure i believe him and i've never tried it, but he has 3 toddlers so his time might be more highly valued to him than his taste in bacon

[defo black pepper piled high regardless of the savory breakfast choice]

It doesn't turn it out to bad if you do it right and need bacon really fast for some reason, but everyone should be frying their bacon like god intended. Follow that up with frying some eggs.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Obligatory Toast posted:

scrambled eggs with bacon fat is delicious, just fyi.

popcorn

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

spud posted:

Who the gently caress bakes bacon?

It's called loving bake'n

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i like my eggs over medium so the yolk is soft but not completely liquid... sort of liquid with a yellow gel center... is this okay?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

only retards think scrambled eggs are better than any sort of fried egg though shakin my bake'n head

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Wendigee posted:

only retards think scrambled eggs are better than any sort of fried egg though shakin my bake'n head

scrambled eggs are acceptable when camping or other times when you have to make a lot of eggs for a lot of ppl without much equipment or time. like theres nothing wrong with it other than fried eggs are better

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

scrambled eggs are acceptable when camping or other times when you have to make a lot of eggs for a lot of ppl without much equipment or time. like theres nothing wrong with it other than fried eggs are better

no poo poo teayches.. I said BETTER. Fried eggs of any sort other than hard over are superior to scrambled unless the scrambled are also hard.

Over medium > over easy > medium scrambled += hard scrambled += over hard

I didn't know i had to spell out the got dang obvious.

Runny fat beats hard fat.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
All eggs are good, short of hardboiled. And those aren't 'bad' just less good than other eggs

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Wendigee posted:

no poo poo teayches

thats what they call me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wendigee posted:

i like my eggs over medium so the yolk is soft but not completely liquid... sort of liquid with a yellow gel center... is this okay?

no you have over cooked it, the yolk must be 100% liquid with a thin layer of cum-like whites layerd over top

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

All eggs are good, short of hardboiled. And those aren't 'bad' just less good than other eggs

hard boiled make excellent "salad" where turkey or chicken or tuna takes the place of lettuce, and mayonnaise is applied with other ingredients such as mustard and... I'm lying. Medium boiled is better for all sorts of salads too.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

deviled eggs are the poo poo imo

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Rutibex posted:

no you have over cooked it, the yolk must be 100% liquid with a thin layer of cum-like whites layerd over top

we got a live one folks!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you eat hardboiled eggs everyday you will get sick of them but every so often there is no better breakfast than hardboiled eggs and some salt 'n pepper if you are going to have a serious day

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

seriously though if you just take them eggs out the water at like 11 min instead of 12, its a way better egg to eat plain or to mix than a pale yellow yolk. It's still hard after the fridge but its creamy and doesn't crumble everywhere.

I have way too many options about eggs.

I bet i smell like eggs hahah!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TEAYCHES posted:

deviled eggs are the poo poo imo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Sous-vide eggs are the best, but not everyone has a $1000 fancy cooking appliance (or the time required to sous-vide) in their house, so you fry them in a pan like a normal person. Similarly, while baking is probably the most efficient/consistent way to cook bacon, it's not entirely as time- or resource-efficient as pan-frying unless you're a restaurant, hotel or catering company.

How do you stop bacon from curling in the pan?
Take away their little brooms.
Or, if you're baking it high-volume in a restaurant, put another hotel pan on top of it in the oven.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

room temp eg, bring cold water to boil with egg in, wait 10 min, remove egg from hot water and put egg in basket, cover in ice and run water over for several minutes.

fridge them and eat them whenever; they are gonna be good. I do this like 2 eggs at a time and it works fine.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Pork belly is fantastic. The Chinese food thread in GWS has some recipes that are legit awesome.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bacon is expensive. Happy to boil eggs.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I'm just going to throw mine in the microwave for 60 seconds and enjoy it chewy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Specter posted:

You're the goober that did this aren't you?

I wish. That mushroom cloud of pizza is bad rear end.

• Locked thread