Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

canyoneer posted:

And in that movie, he dies TWICE!

Spoilers, geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
The Event

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Khazar-khum posted:

What about 000-006? or don't they matter?

A whole mess of 00 agents appear in Thunderball, 2-9. 8 used to get name dropped a lot though: You're a loose cannon Bond! I'm taking you off the case, 008 will be taking over.

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006
All of Delboys dodgy contacts from Only Fools and Horses. Sunglasses Ron, Monkey Harris, Paddy the Greek etc

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Has anyone, ever, actually been to Funkytown?

Beezle
Oct 19, 2008

Happy Steve Perry Day!
The thing upstairs, from Trap Door

BERK! FEED ME!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Khazar-khum posted:

I keep talking about it...

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Maris from Frasier.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
The Battle of Tanaab

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pej, from Peep Show.

Through conversations other characters have, we know Pej owns a houseboat that has been impounded in, and will never be released from, Rotterdam.

And gave his wife "an aggressive yeast infection from an Estonian prostitute".

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Khazar-khum posted:

Probably. It's got a great location where a few major highways come together.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Was the Bookie from Miller's ever seen

BondSworeSuccinctly
Oct 27, 2007

Sauron in The Lord of The Rings Novels.

He technically makes an apperance, but throughout the trilogy he is built up to almost god-like status. some characters do meet him and mention things about him, like Gollum saying Sauron is missing a finger on his right hand and Pippin describing his laughter as feeling like being stabbed with knives.
Keeping Sauron out of the main narrative makes him a much more terrifying character in the books, every mention of him exudes an aura of fear to the point where its generally forbidden to speak his name out loud. most races call him The Enemy or something similar. Aragorn even fears to mention the name of Mordor when the Ringwraiths are near.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Hey, you know my friend Bob Sacamano?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah he's over with Lomez right now

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Bill goddamned Brasky.
"He did 3 tours in 'Nam...... I was in Corpus Christi on business a month ago. I had this eight foot tall Asian waiter, which made me curious. I asked him his name. Sure enough it's Ho Tran Brasky!"

"Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky went hunting?
Brasky decides he's going to hunt down all four of the Banana Splits. He stalks and kills every one of them with a machette. They all begged for their lives...except Fleagle."

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The money that was just 'resting' in Father Ted's bank account.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kizudarake posted:

Bill goddamned Brasky.
"He did 3 tours in 'Nam...... I was in Corpus Christi on business a month ago. I had this eight foot tall Asian waiter, which made me curious. I asked him his name. Sure enough it's Ho Tran Brasky!"

"Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky went hunting?
Brasky decides he's going to hunt down all four of the Banana Splits. He stalks and kills every one of them with a machette. They all begged for their lives...except Fleagle."

Bill Brasky used to show up in some of those sketches.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Do you ever see his face? I could see a case being made for him being "unseen", like Wilson from Home Improvement.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Rough Lobster posted:

Do you ever see his face? I could see a case being made for him being "unseen", like Wilson from Home Improvement.

The camera is always behind him at a steep-ish downward angle overlooking the guys at the bar from Brasky's height. You only ever see the back of his head and shoulder.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Bill Brasky used to show up in some of those sketches.

You never see him doing anything but saying hey from the back.

But enough about your mother's sex life.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 18:33 on Sep 8, 2015

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Surprised I forgot this one, but Enid on Scrubs. Bob Kelso builds his wife up so much with stories and references that when she 'dies' later in the series it's actually a pretty sad moment for Bob even though we've never met her.

Rough Lobster posted:

I liked the Clone Wars a lot more when it was just a casual reference in the original Star Wars trilogy.

On that note, the Kessel Run. Han says "less than 12 parsecs" like it's a measure of time rather than distance, and then the expanded canon retconned to explain it was full of black holes and therefore shorter distance = more impressive.

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

I'm sorry I haven't a clue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Sorry_I_Haven%27t_a_Clue

Samantha. Thirty years of non-existence.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Oh I like this thread- feels cozy.

I will nominate when Max kills the Bullet Farmer. I don't need to see it, I just have to know that it ended in an ungodly explosion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bonk posted:

Surprised I forgot this one, but Enid on Scrubs. Bob Kelso builds his wife up so much with stories and references that when she 'dies' later in the series it's actually a pretty sad moment for Bob even though we've never met her.

On that note, the Kessel Run. Han says "less than 12 parsecs" like it's a measure of time rather than distance, and then the expanded canon retconned to explain it was full of black holes and therefore shorter distance = more impressive.

Yeah, the idea that Han is just a total conman is much cooler.

Similarly, that the "Balance of the Force" prophecy was actually about Order 66 and bringing the Jedi down to the Sith's level.

Those are both better than the lazy explanations that came later.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The rules of Numberwang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

The mostly unknown transition from the Mega Man universe to the Mega Man X universe. I want to see the throwdown between OG Mega Man and a newly-completed Zero that (in my headcanon) results in the deaths of Dr. Light and Dr. Wily, Mega Man's destruction, and a hard reset of Zero's AI.

Oh god, this, a thousand times this.

• Locked thread