Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

PDA?

Public Display of Affection???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think that you'll find that thing was a Hygenator, which Quark advertised at the end of Ratchet & Clank 1 when he worked for Gadgetron under the name Steve McQuark. :goonsay:

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I too hate the poo poo out of Styrofoam. Every single person in my middle school refused to believe without rigorous testing of their own. During lunch time they would crumple up their Styrofoam plates right next to my ear.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

AriadneThread posted:

PDA?

Public Display of Affection???

Personal Digital Assistant. They used to be a thing, but then they got assimilated into the smart phone.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Personal Digital Assistant. They used to be a thing, but then they got assimilated into the smart phone.

https://youtu.be/zEcsViwrgh8?t=16m30s

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

kalonZombie posted:

Level 4 ducks.

Not available in Germany due to music issues.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SonicRulez posted:

I went ahead and got Sewer Crystals until I really realized just how big the map was and how long it was gonna take me. At that point I just flipped off the game and left. That's insanity.

I finished it just to prove to myself that I could. Then again, I also finished the nirnroot quest in Oblivion, so take that how you will. I'm not usually a completionist, but one in a while there's some quest or mission in in a game that I feel I HAVE to complete and I won't really enjoy the game if I leave it unfinished.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I found the sewer pretty nice for some mindless grinding, particularly for one of the R&C2 weapons that's tough to build up in general. Having the map unit helped keep me on the track of heading toward new crystals every time I struck out.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Sure, it's probably the worst of the Collectathon Fields, but I really don't mind the Sewers all that much. There's really just two main problems that I have with them.

- To get to the upper level, you need the Magnet Boots. That's fine. The fact that the ENTIRE upper level triggers the Magnet Boots once you're in it? That isn't good.

- The fact that those "mucus walls" that spawn the Giant Amoeboids will only "activate" from one specific side. Sure, this works for the early ones, but once you've opened up most of the paths, you could get to one from "the back". Then you have to go the long way around just for that one Sewer Crystal.

If the upper level didn't force the Magnet Boots on you at all times, and if the Giant Amoeboids just spawned whenever you approach the "mucus walls" from either side, the Sewers would be a lot more tolerable. At least, that's what I think.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Volfogg posted:

- To get to the upper level, you need the Magnet Boots. That's fine. The fact that the ENTIRE upper level triggers the Magnet Boots once you're in it? That isn't good.

That has caused me to become very disoriented more times than I like to think about. And without constant map checking, it's so easy to end up going off in the wrong direction entirely.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Nuramor posted:

Not available in Germany due to music issues.

Clipconverter or similar sites to the rescue, so we guermans can watch this stuff. Goddamn GEMA.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I don't want to catch anyone giving Ape or Heave any sympathy. They know how I edit. They know how I do things. They agreed to it, dammit!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Here it is, the final main story update!

So several good pieces of good news and bad news.

The bad news is I accidentally deleted the raw footage of the arena and non-story critical multiplayer planet tutorials.

The good news is that those are easy enough to go and do in Challenge Mode where I have more interesting weapons anyway.

The bad news is that the vote for challenge mode planet will not comprise of all of the planets because some are too short / I don't want to talk over Aquatos again.

The good news is all the ones I'm providing are long enough for their own video and are fun.

So here's your voting choices, and I'll be sure to show off the ugliest ship possible. Voting will end on Saturday.

EDIT: Oh yes, here is what Ape and Heave were saying when I was having mumble issues.

http://tindeck.com/listen/lmldd

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 17, 2015

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
getting the platinum trophy for Up Your Arsenal is still way better than doing it for the first game. that's the only one in the collection I haven't gotten.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
If I may make a suggestion for a game to play instead of CAH? Dirty Minds can be pretty fun, especially if you read the cards with the right inflection and tone.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

If you're in the same room, get King of Tokyo. If not, get a webcam and King of Tokyo.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Epic spell wars can also be pretty fun.
(Both that and king of tokyo is on the tabletop simulator workshop too I think)

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
There's always the option of Picture in Picture-ing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes in the corner.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today is challenge mode! I'm trying to get B-roll for the arena and Galactic Ranger stuff, but it's slow coming, so that might not come next week. Either way, Batman: Arkham Asylum starts on Tuesday next week, and I'm ultra excited for it!

Challenge Mode

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I want that cutscene in big head mode now.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Time Freeze is a really cool cheat and it's something I usually have on, like the helmet removal in Deadlocked, because to have otherwise is dumb.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Bonus: Challenge Mode gently caress
After watching Chips Going Commando stream I decided to play through it on my PS2 and found out there is a Widescreen option, so Idol Minds just needed to do resolution upscaling?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Fabulousvillain posted:

Bonus: Challenge Mode gently caress
After watching Chips Going Commando stream I decided to play through it on my PS2 and found out there is a Widescreen option, so Idol Minds just needed to do resolution upscaling?

This is brilliant. Idol Minds is just SO BAD.

So the arena stuff is still coming. If it's any later I'm just uploading raw footage with no commentary in it, so expect the thread to properly end next week one way or another. Until then... im baman i come over da house

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Whatever more you do with this, we'll always have a final boss you could circle-strafe, and nothing can take that away from us.

At least it wasn't entirely quick-time events?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Just to let you guys know, I haven't forgotten about the arena stuff! I've just been busy with Christmas stuff, then I got sick recently. It's still coming! But if you need more Up Your Arsenal goodness, AGDQ is doing a run of it on Saturday around 9 AM EST that has an estimated time of 50 minutes... which considering it's New Game + seems about right, yeah.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Okay, so it took a while, but here's the last of the stuff I needed to show off. This LP is officially complete!

Fast Times at Arena High

The Qwarktastic Battle!

The Lost Battles

Thank you everyone for watching this. My curse is now lifted. I am free from Space Cat forev-

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/ratchet-clank-full-game-pre-order/cid=UP9000-CUSA01047_00-RATCHETPS4000000

poo poo.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

kalonZombie posted:

Thank you everyone for watching this. My curse is now lifted. I am free from Space Cat forev-

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/ratchet-clank-full-game-pre-order/cid=UP9000-CUSA01047_00-RATCHETPS4000000

poo poo.

Wait a second.

Is this Ratchet And Clank: The Movie Based On The Game: The Game?

:psyduck:

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
Boo, I want a Crash Bandicoot movie!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

IronSaber posted:

Wait a second.

Is this Ratchet And Clank: The Movie Based On The Game: The Game?

:psyduck:

Yes.

And it looks AMAZING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmHIEk15EZk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
It does look pretty good, but I just hope they aren't retconning the rest of the series out of existence with it, like some other series I can think of *coughTombRaidercough*

• Locked thread