Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

answer: yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you are looking for cool... youve come to the wrong place

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
israel culrture

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

very yes

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I was going to say "yes" but you got that covered.

Thank you Adam Sandler for making GBS threads all over "nerd culture" with Pixels. It deserved nothing less.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I think puppies are alright in small doses, but man do they sure poo poo and piss everywhere. Not sure what I'd think of a puppy Galaxy, whole concept seems quite radical to me

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I am a t-shirt that says "roll initiative" on the front with the picture of a d20. AMA about nerd culture.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
lol what kind of dorks would watch movies about comic books

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Tricky D posted:

I am a t-shirt that says "roll initiative" on the front with the picture of a d20. AMA about nerd culture.

African swallow or european?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Inevitable posted:

African swallow or european?

I don't know that

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Tujague posted:

lol what kind of dorks would watch movies about comic books

I go the extra mile and actually READ the comic books in tyool2015. They are made out of paper 0.0

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
God dammit I cannot loving STAND fake nerd girls. like who do they think they are dressing up as characters from my favourite anime and videogames even though they haven't played/watched the entire thing 5000 times?

so obvious they're just doing it to get attention from sexy nerd boys like me, well i won't fall for it, you vile harlots!

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
BAZINGA

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It was a mistake to allow nerd culture to become pop culture just because nerds had the most dispensable cash they were willing to spend on entertainment. This is proof that an unrestricted market will always make the wrong decision.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

same but with anything the dad likes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did kids who grew up in the 80s have their parents try and push all their 50s childhood poo poo onto them? Like did they have family tv nights of Howdy Doody and I Love Lucy and eat TV dinners so they could appreciate the better days?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I have some horn rimmed glasses that have gotten me laid at least 3 times.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did kids who grew up in the 80s have their parents try and push all their 50s childhood poo poo onto them? Like did they have family tv nights of Howdy Doody and I Love Lucy and eat TV dinners so they could appreciate the better days?

Star Wars was the first piece of pop culture worth making part of your legacy, but music and literature nerds have been forcing poo poo on their children for so many generations that centuries old stuff still has a fandom. See also: religion.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Whenever you see a toddler forced into cosplay it's usually because their hapless manchild father took a picture of it and posted it on reddit for karma and the imbeciles on r/pics voted it to the front page. People who grew up in the 50s probably just have photo albums of that poo poo to show their friends.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

Star Wars was the first piece of pop culture worth making part of your legacy, but music and literature nerds have been forcing poo poo on their children for so many generations that centuries old stuff still has a fandom. See also: religion.

My dad is a big Star Wars fan and I grew up thinking it was the favorite movie of everyone his age. I saw the original trilogy so many times as a kid and was blown away when other kids told me they'd never seen a single Star Wars movie. Like how was that possible

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

doctor who is probably okay, i haven't seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Thanks everyone

• Locked thread