Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

We rely on WS_FTP Professional for some scripted file transfers. There are a pretty large number of them. Unfortunately, it is unsupported on 2012 R2 and I need to get it off of the 2k3 box it is currently residing.

I am assuming that their scripting language is proprietary. I've looked into a few other clients as a replacement and none seem to use the same format.

It looks like WinSCP would be a viable replacement, I just would prefer not to have to recreate all the scripts.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

platypusmalone posted:

We rely on WS_FTP Professional for some scripted file transfers. There are a pretty large number of them. Unfortunately, it is unsupported on 2012 R2 and I need to get it off of the 2k3 box it is currently residing.

I am assuming that their scripting language is proprietary. I've looked into a few other clients as a replacement and none seem to use the same format.

It looks like WinSCP would be a viable replacement, I just would prefer not to have to recreate all the scripts.

Any ideas?

You could look into their MoveIT product, but if you're going to have to do this over why not do it in PowerShell? You already own it, there are plenty of sample scripts out there and even modules that take care of the hard work for you.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

platypusmalone posted:

Any ideas?

TPS makes a product called NFM (Network File Manager) that is scriptable and very reliable. I have some customers who run a lot of critical business functions through it. Might be overkill, but worth a look.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WinSCP is probably your best bet. Depending on how many scripts you're talking about, maybe you can script a script that generates scripts for WinSCP?

script.

• Locked thread