Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
actually, i went across the street and got a macbook instead. space gray. spicy.

windows 10 is a pos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
what are your rig specs?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Thanks for the fifth thread about windows 10 in yospos. No, really.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
conroe dual core and geforce 8600gts. i can run diablo 3 on it at medium settings :smugmrgw:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
windows 10 owns

mudstone
Jul 30, 2015
Does it? I am currently in the process of downloading after having to force it. If this goes anything like Win8 I am in for a giant whirlwind of fuckery. I will update again as soon as my computer lives.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
silver alicorn is a furry with terrible taste. its bad. its a pos os.

the op did the only reasonable thing

mudstone
Jul 30, 2015
I said i would return and so i have now.. It's not terrible. but it isn't great either. Took google searches to find device manager. Then my GFX Driver wasn't working properly. All in all i think it's a bit clunky though pretty.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

mudstone posted:

I said i would return and so i have now.. It's not terrible. but it isn't great either. Took google searches to find device manager. Then my GFX Driver wasn't working properly. All in all i think it's a bit clunky though pretty.

It's not terrible but still, kinda funny how poorly Microsoft managed to program this OS considering how simple it is to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mudstone
Jul 30, 2015
not sure if serious as i really don't know if it's easy/hard. The issues i've seen are more from a user perspective. As it stands mine DOES NOT like to startup. Multiple hangs failures etc and several reboots before it'll actually do it's thing. I started disabling things that run at startup. Came down to the logitech keyboard and mouse drivers. Which according to Logitech and M$ are 100% supported.

The UI has somehow started to grow on me. I have disabled that NSA Operative who goes by "Cortana". It's not intuitive to manipulate things and my biggest complaint about win8 is still here as far as i know. If you associate a file type with a program you can't undo that association. ex if you set a .cfg file to open with notepad (don't ask) you can't undo that.

I am noticing around a 10% performance boost in running some games. CPU temps are about 6-8 degrees higher.

The most annoying thing about it is when dragging windows across monitors it catches due to the "snap" functionality. You can disable this but then dragging a window to the top doesn't maximize it which is worse than the catch.

• Locked thread