Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.
Just got given a 91 integra from a friend, its been sitting for almost 2 years due to the fact that it runs like poo poo and will stall constantly.
What i have done so far is:
replaced coolant temp sensor
replaced idle air control valve
checked compression 180 on all cylinders
checked spark plugs
checked dist cap and rotor
checked for vac leaks
checked air filter
checked tps sensor
no stored codes

It feels like its running on 3 cylinders and if you give it some gas sometimes it will pickup and seem to run fine.

Any input would be gladly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
What's your fuel pressure like? It might be prudent to go take a gander at the fuel filter.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What's your fuel pressure like? It might be prudent to go take a gander at the fuel filter.

i was going to do that but i dont see a valve to hook into, i may need to invest in a fuel pressure guage.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I would probably just go ahead and swap the fuel filter anyway, if it's easy to get to (is it internal to the tank on Integras? Shouldn't be.)

e: Nope. It's easy peasy. http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?p=916783

If swapping the fuel filter makes it a little better, chances are the fuel pump is not doing too well either.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I would probably just go ahead and swap the fuel filter anyway, if it's easy to get to (is it internal to the tank on Integras? Shouldn't be.)

e: Nope. It's easy peasy. http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?p=916783

If swapping the fuel filter makes it a little better, chances are the fuel pump is not doing too well either.

thats not a bad idea, i will grab a filter tomorrow, but the filter thats in there looks very new but its worth doing to be safe.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ignitor (inside the distributor) does weird things when it goes bad. Is the tach twitchy at all?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Also important to note that just because something has been replaced, does not rule it out from being faulty. I've had plenty of new parts poo poo out in a matter of days, or come DOA.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

NEW

Never Ever Worked

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Also check all the grounds. Older Hondas are always picky about grounds.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

Ignitor (inside the distributor) does weird things when it goes bad. Is the tach twitchy at all?

I know these little bastards can cause issues but i always thought they just died and caused a no start, but im going to the auto wrecker today so ill pick one up just to be safe and im going to grab a maf sensor to be safe as well, is there any other small sensor-like items i should grab to test while im there?

SouthsideSaint posted:

Also check all the grounds. Older Hondas are always picky about grounds.

did a good look around at all the grounds and they seem good under the hood, have yet to check if there are any under the dash.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

FIXED!

it was the motherfucking spark plugs.

after talking to my buddy at the auto wrecker while picking up a map sensor he told me he had the same car long ago with the same issue and it was spark plugs.

even though they looked fine it was the thing i should have changed first.

thanks for everyone's input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

eberbs posted:

did a good look around at all the grounds and they seem good under the hood, have yet to check if there are any under the dash.

truthfully as long as there on metal and not a painted surface they should be ok.

• Locked thread