Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Kennedy
May 24, 2003

I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 lbs. From Green Bay Wisconsin, MISTER KENNEDY!!!!!!! KENNEDY...
Problem description: For the longest time i have been having issues with flash videos in firefox. Basically i will start a video and maybe get 20 minutes into it, pause it, and come back later to watch it. When i come back the video will be frozen on where it left off but the audio will continue to play. The video will change if i put the mouse onto the video, but it will not play, it will just update to the screen shot of where the video is at. I can slide my mouse on and off the video to get the video picture to change, but it will never go back to actually playing the video. This will happen on youtube sporadically but mainly on giantbomb.com. It has happened on other sites as well but mainly giant bomb as the videos i watch tend to be longer and ill come back to finish them later in the day or the next day. It doesn't happen at any certain time point or anything like that, it just seems random. I can open a new browser and open a video and it can play fine for a full hour and a half, or the video can all the sudden stop 10 minutes in, 20, 40, anything. Usually i see it more when i pause the video and look at something else online or listen to music or anything really. I haven't been able to find any correlation to anything as sometimes it can just stop as im watching a video. This does not happen in chrome at all, but i prefer firefox and would love to find a fix. If i reload the pages it fixes the issue.

Attempted fixes: I have tried googling everything i can for this issue but nothing has worked. They always say clear the cache, clear the history, disable hardware acceleration, or turn off protected mode in firefox and flash. None of these have worked. The items i find are not exactly the same issue as i have, but i don't know if i have been able to word the issue perfectly when searching for it as its kinda a unique problem. This happened to me maybe a year or two ago and i thought i posted here and got an answer, but i searched trough all my posts and couldnt find it.

Recent changes: outside of downloading new updates or versions for firefox, adobe, java, flash, or the usual suspects, i have made no changes to my computer.

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 bit

System specs: HP h9-1330 PC. Intel Core i5 3570 3.4GHz 10 GB RAM

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I see this too on Youtube, I think it has to do with it thinking Flash playback has failed and switching to HTML5, is that happening on Giantbomb as well?

Mr. Kennedy
May 24, 2003

I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 lbs. From Green Bay Wisconsin, MISTER KENNEDY!!!!!!! KENNEDY...
I don't think so. Atleast there is no error messages or reports that show or mention anything failing. When it happens and i right click on the video it still shows me the flash options and settings, so i don't think it is trying to change the format.

• Locked thread