Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

how milquetoast do you have to be to the point that provolone is considered a strong tasting cheese

you realize that provolone comes in varying degrees of sharpness, right?

dude, try some sharp provolone on a salad or melted on soem pasta, it'll change your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I want the warm greasy loads to go down my throat.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

JiveHonky posted:

I think that most food places when you order something with extra cheese just laugh and say "thanks for the extra dollar, sucker!" and just put the normal amount of cheese.

oh and get this: if you complain about it then they put, like, a sarcastic amount of extra cheese like way too much cheese.

This conspiracy goes all the way to the top obama approved it.

Does not compute.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

PleasureKevin posted:

The food industry thought they needed to lower fat in Foods. So the milk industry introduced 1% and homo milk. This is a lower calorie choice. But removed fat by-product was used to make cheese, leading to "X-tremely" cheesy food items and added cheese everywhere. Effectively the benefit of low fat milk was just totally overcome by those calories just being put into other food everyone eats. American food advertising can be divided into two categories, things that are cheesy and things that are cold. The latter being for beer and the former being for pizza, burgers, tacos, nachos, chips and other snacks. This isn't necessarily a conspiracy because it's just making use of a bi product.

The real conspiracy is that they lowered fat product in other foods, then replaced it with sugar to make up for the fat-free taste, then have tried to deny and cover up evidence that sugar is harmful. The "calories in, calories out" mantra comes straight from the food industry talking points on things and is unfortunately repeated by some GPs.

Just to give you an idea of the conspiracy and policy of "deny everything", Michelle Obama originally was impassioned about holding companies responsible. A couple meetings with food industry agents and she was literally saying "let's not blame the companies" and they made a deal to remove X amount of calories from the US food supply. It amounted to a few calories per day per person. And the calories largely did not come from removing sugar! Instead they decreased the overall size of a product, removed fibre, fat or whatever. sugar is a sacred cash cow for them and they use tobacco co. era/climate change denialism tactics to lobby against sugar regulation. In fact, sugar production is subsidized, despite its abundance. Kind of like the oil industry.

Thank you for reading

how about you eat less and exercise more and lose some weight

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Stupid sarcastic cheese.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Claven666 posted:

you realize that provolone comes in varying degrees of sharpness, right?

dude, try some sharp provolone on a salad or melted on soem pasta, it'll change your life

Exactly how much aged provolone piccante do you expect your local papa johns to have in stock

i can't even find that poo poo at my local italian butchers/cheesemongers in new jersey. yeah i really wanna try it.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

Exactly how much aged provolone piccante do you expect your local papa johns to have in stock

i can't even find that poo poo at my local italian butchers/cheesemongers in new jersey. yeah i really wanna try it.

honestly, i expect papa johns to just put some ketchup on a piece of cardboard and call it a day

a lot of places up here carry the belgioso sharp and extra sharp provy. it's decent but yeah you're gonna have to journey into the deptch of NYC or new jersey to get the real poo poo. or order it online.

nothing like a slice of prosciutto or serrano or mortadella or somehting wrapped around some nice sharp provy

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

tomato pie is completely different than pizza.
It's a pizza without cheese.

I was hoping someone else would remember that commercial with the little old ladies arguing over cheese pie or tomato pie. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thegrul
Oct 27, 2013
doritos

• Locked thread