Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Whatever the age of the youngest person I want to gently caress is, that should be the age. Everyone else is either a prude or a creep.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Quit being irrational. We are having a serious conversation here.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

They should have age brackets instead of this weird teensex/adultsex thing. I'm not really into 16 year olds but I wouldn't blame an 18 year old if they were.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
it's -2 years for every 20% over national average income you make

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I feel like anyone saying 21 either has/had hosed up hormones, stunted development, or they genuinely don't remember being young. I know you retards are being serious and not joking. What the hell. The drinking age, loving age, and smoking weed age, and driving age should be 18 across the board.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

thewireguy posted:

:golfclap:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

thewireguy posted:

I'm compelled to be that guy and say it would have been better to say "Get real," instead of "Quit being irrational."

Sqrt(-1) isn't an irrational number, it's an imaginary number. :suicide:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

hemophilia posted:

I feel like anyone saying 21 either has/had hosed up hormones, stunted development, or they genuinely don't remember being young. I know you retards are being serious and not joking. What the hell. The drinking age, loving age, and smoking weed age, and driving age should be 18 across the board.

Agreed. But the loving age should really be more like 12 or so.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
18 age of consent general

no minimum sentencing, should be based on some semblance of common sense. if a 50 year old is dating a 17 year old put him in jail. if a 17 year old is dating a 23 year old, maybe don't send the 23 year old to prison. if a 50 year old is dating a 18 year old, people should be allowed to throw old jugs of old urine into his convertible.

if you post on an internet forum you are not allowed to have sex with anyone under the age of 30. if you moderate a forum, no sex ever.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

I don't think there should be an age threshold for anything. Every human is unique in their experiences.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

a dog from hell posted:

Agreed. But the loving age should really be more like 12 or so.

:crossarms:

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm calling bullshit that none of the Lynyrd Skynyrd states in the OP tried to go below 16.

Moldy Taxes posted:

Also surprised how many states have it set at 16. Is there some wiggle room if you live in a bayou in the deep south and she's your sister?

16 is the federal minimum age of consent. I bet some of those states still have lower AOCs on the books.

edit: never mind, I'm wrong
Hawaii's age of consent was 14 until 2001, when the state legislature raised it to 16.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 27, 2015

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ThePriceIsRight posted:

I don't think there should be an age threshold for anything. Every human is unique in their experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viKUu_BWqwc

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You should have to earn your sexuality through a written test combined with a practical skills test. Exactly how they do drivers licenses. I'd definitely fail the road test portion of the sex license exam tho

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ThePriceIsRight posted:

I hope you told that to the judge. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
gas

• Locked thread