Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

im gonna kill myself one day - sucks to be you op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not having kids and enjoying my large disposable income and partying until I die OP

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I won't be bullied by pinkos, children and misanthropes.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

boy im gonna break you down

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm just a real normal guy and it's not really a big deal. I'm adult. I'm an adult man and that's just how I roll. My wife isn't complaining about it, I can tell you that. And the kids... they love and respect my basic nature of adultness.

I don't go drinking, or even really drink at all anymore. I don't go out "partying". Those days are behind me, obscured by an enveloping blackness.

I have turtle waxed my car, and will turtle wax it again many times before I die. If something better is invented, I will move on to that.

I'm just a real boiler plate kind of man in the world, being who I am. Not even bragging or proud about it. My pride level is completely acceptable. I'm just saying, is all I'm doing.

Sometimes on the weekends I fix a chair or take everyone to dinner. I know how to plumb, though do not claim to be a plumber. I never find myself transfixed by a persistent vision of what it would be like to start a chainsaw and hold it against an alive person's neck, letting its teeth do their hungry work. I don't play video games anymore, because I have taxes to do and bills to play. It's your basic situation for a normal adult guy like me.

No, I don't know what the newest musical trends are. As an adult man, my adult brain cannot process these things because a hard shell of basic responsibility has formed on top of it, protecting it from interloping concepts.

I play with my children or watch them play on their own. I watch them gestate into the basic adults they will one day become. I know they will come for me. On that day I will try to destroy them. I know I will fail, but I will try regardless. They will take my wife, they will take the little kingdom I have built up around me; on that day my burden will finally be laid down. It is what it is, am I right?

It makes me very sad when I see other people not getting this lifestyle. I blame everything. The whole world hastens to its ruin, because of it. But what can a basic adult man who can only do the best with what he has been given, god willing, do about anything? Just grin and bear it, and be good. Be a good kind of adult man.

I am an adult man, a good adult with much to share. It's not a big deal.

sounds boring as poo poo. thanks for sharing :)

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

I understand you, OP, for I am also a normal man. I live in a nice house in a quiet suburban neighborhood. I keep to myself. I never throw loud parties. I make sure that my lawn is neatly trimmed. If you were to look underneath my house, you would find a clean basement that contains a furnace and water heater. You would not find a soundproofed, concrete-lined dungeon with manacles bolted deeply into the walls and floor, and you would not find a rack of meticulously maintained torture implements, and you would not find drains embedded for the easy disposal of blood and excreta. You would not find any of these things, for these things are not to be found in the home of a normal man, and I am a normal man.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

I understand you, OP, for I am also a normal man. I live in a nice house in a quiet suburban neighborhood. I keep to myself. I never throw loud parties. I make sure that my lawn is neatly trimmed. If you were to look underneath my house, you would find a clean basement that contains a furnace and water heater. You would not find a soundproofed, concrete-lined dungeon with manacles bolted deeply into the walls and floor, and you would not find a rack of meticulously maintained torture implements, and you would not find drains embedded for the easy disposal of blood and excreta. You would not find any of these things, for these things are not to be found in the home of a normal man, and I am a normal man.

I'm glad we're on the same page. I'm glad you get me. I'm glad you get you. The internet can be a harsh place, full of inchoate rage mongers, and that is rough. The world is tough for normal adult men, just trying to reach out and touch each other. it is a mess. Keep your head on a swivel, and stay strong. :)

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
OP, how do you feel about compound interest.

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
Slow and steady as she goes. Yup

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
do you wish you were dead?

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
The OP is a fraud and is actually a virgin neckbeard manchild. He's not a regular everyday adult kind of man like me. Someone who puts in 9 to 5 at the office. Someone who has been crushed by a series of cruel setbacks and humiliating failures that have transformed me into an empty hollow husk, a pathetic slug of a man who's shameful filthy failed dreams nevertheless haunt me like a trail of regular adult slime wherever I go. Shameful. Filthy. Shameful. Filthy slug.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Anyone like to watch tv

naem
May 29, 2011

As opposed to irregular adult slime??

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I get it, like, you're blowing off steam, and whatnot. And I get that. I'm a normal guy, and I get your rage. All y'all. I get it. Gonna let it all slide by. My wife is great. Just try to enjoy yourself. Enjoy your life. Try to have a good time. I mean, gently caress, right?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

mysterious frankie posted:

I get it, like, you're blowing off steam, and whatnot. And I get that. I'm a normal guy, and I get your rage. All y'all. I get it. Gonna let it all slide by. My wife is great. Just try to enjoy yourself. Enjoy your life. Try to have a good time. I mean, gently caress, right?

Too serious for me

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I'm sorry I cursed. I'm just done. I'm done with it. The bullying. You could be dead tomorrow, and that is life. Just try and get it together and be a normal guy. rear end

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Sorry I cursed again

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

JebanyPedal posted:

Anyone like to watch tv

yea sometimes

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i thought your schtick was shoving your username in your own threads' titles

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
The long Walmart cashout got on my dagnabit nerves! Sorry if I'm being intense right now -- they just creep up the bloodpressure and I got problems with the ol ticker lordy!

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
*puts gun in mouth and presses the trigger*

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
If you decide not to have kids you can just get a membership at a private swim club and not have to mess up your property value. It also frees up some disposable income for drinking/socializing with other adult friends and having the time to pursue hobbies/causes that you find personally fulfilling.

This advice brought to you today by Qvindtar, another normal adult guy.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

unassertive boy 99 posted:

*puts gun in mouth and presses the trigger*

What kind of gun has a trigger you press? :crossarms:

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

The Bananana posted:

What kind of gun has a trigger you press? :crossarms:

When the gun is pointing away from you, you pull the trigger towards yourself. When the gun is pointing towards you, you push the trigger away. :suicide101:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
you don't sound very mysterious at all, frankie

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

cops give a drat about a negro
pull the trigger, kill a nigga, he's a hero

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

not having kids and enjoying my large disposable income and partying until I die OP

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

proof of concept posted:

i thought your schtick was shoving your username in your own threads' titles

I'm a maverick, actually.

• Locked thread