Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, long backgrounds aren't something I like either. Honestly, when I come up with a character, I usually just make them a vague copy of someone from a movie or similar as a foundation and let them develop into their own thing in play. The Rogue Trader I played in a years long campaign started out as a parody of Errol Flynn characters, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

"It generally means that the players will represent some selection of individuals who are often but not always small-time crooks of some variety, and who will have some selection of desperate motives for important things scattered amongst themselves. The game involves the steady unraveling of the characters' lives by events precipitated by these desperate motives, with usually most of the group exiting the scenario with less (possibly a lot less) than they started, and maybe one actual happyish ending."

"It means everyone is playing a desperate person with poor impulse control making very bad life choices and trying to be the one person who gets what they want by screwing over everyone else."

Holy poo poo yeah that sounds about perfect for four war criminals all trying to steal a Lovecraftian artifact for themselves.

That would be an interesting adventure design. Take the floor plans from the NY Met or something, have the Cthulhu McGuffin in the middle of the museum, sprinkle additional weapons/treasure/eldritch artifacts about, have a detailed guard schedule and places to cut lines to powerlines and set off sprinklers/fire foam, and then set off four players to compete against each other to pull off the heist.

• Locked thread