Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yeah it's actually really loving unpleasant. i used to be a lifeguard instructor at a waterpark and we had to teach a bunch of 16 year olds how to do cpr and that if they don't break ribs they're not doing it right, and that they may have to pump for their lives for 2-4+ minutes until EMS could arrive and that is surprisingly loving hard and often requires trading off.

lol yea, the first thing they tell you when teaching cpr is "this is mostly useless and the person will die"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm glad you're still alive Tony homo you are a good poster and an important contributer to these forums (:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
would scaring their heart started work? i havent given it that much thought.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't think I've ever seen a TV show where that happens, op.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

now, when you're shocking him, i want you to do it like irl, we will spend at least 20 mins in this scene that establishes the rescue of the character was unsuccessful and he is dead and the doctor tried so hard somebody had to convince him to stop his efforts... i wanna hear CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR

we have autistic people callin us out on this and i want realism

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nooner posted:

How about you defibulate DEEZE NUTS

Lol nice try but nothing's bringing ur fertility back

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i want his nippies seared off like a thumbprint

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol you think when they are all defibulating someone the guy ever yells "QUEER" instead of "CLEAR"?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nooner posted:

Lol you think when they are all defibulating someone the guy ever yells "QUEER" instead of "CLEAR"?

"STEER"

*guy holds paddle handles and pretends to steer with them while making vroom spunds*

Lol just a funny situation I thought up in my head 8-)

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

I'm glad you're still alive Tony homo you are a good poster and an important contributer to these forums (:

:3::cheers::gerty::swoon:

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Nooner posted:

im clear ur clear everyones clear

Saying clear and just shocking immediately is a rookie move. What if some bloke is having a gas by interfering with the corpse?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

hahaha

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it would be an interesting dramatic choice if they would just watch them die without even thinking about getting the defibrillator. in a modern context of overpopulation, maybe there isnt a need for defibrillators in the first place. if someone important dies we can just defrost their clone.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

social vegan posted:

"STEER"

*guy holds paddle handles and pretends to steer with them while making vroom spunds*

Lol just a funny situation I thought up in my head 8-)

nice, imagine peoples faces when you do this :haw;

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

id put my face real close to his and wgihsper "what are you doing this is a serious situatiuon my friend" in a tone that suggests that i am cleatly not ammused, but afterwards i would see the funny side if the man did live, and didnt die from this other person or man being silly and haveing some fun

edit; speeling

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
turn it up too high and youll open him up like a pizza pocket.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Tony Homo posted:

2 years ago when I had my widow-maker heart attack my heart stopped while in the back of the ambulance. Lucky for me. They used 200 joules to restart my heart.

Are you super fat? Also congratulations on being married :)

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 3, 2015

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
it's fun to go say "CLEAR" lmbo

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
This is the best song about defibrillators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

creates tension

the dumbest thing is cpr in films/tv. in real life it's not a few pumps on the chest and they miraculously recover. cpr doesn't restart the heart, just keeps it pumping manually long enough to keep the brain alive until professional help arrives

wrong. I took advanced specops cpr and can now start a heart like a lawn mower by just pulling a dead dude's wang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

opus111 posted:

In fictional TV shows, why is it that people are so tight and prissy about using defibrillators? Say a character goes into arrest and the docs start shocking them, they will always be somebody shouting that it's a waste of time and they should stop now, and what's the point? And they're so frickin mad about it, screaming or rolling their eyes or physically stopping the docs from executing the process... why is this?

because you can't shock a heartbeat into someone whose heart has stopped completely, which is why IRL most defibrillators are automated so you don't have retards continuously shocking a dead corpse for no reason

but hooking someone up to a computer and then waiting for it to decide whether to shock them or not wouldn't make for very dramatic tv

• Locked thread