Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I just ordered some thai food through the Orderup Delivery Service, but I don't know how much to tip, if anything at all? Should I tip more or less than a normal waitress? I mean, she's a special waitress right? A waitress that drives/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:firstpost:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I usually round up to the next whole number or tip them $5. Whichever is higher.

I usually do a $1 tip for take away at the counter.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
have you tried circumcising your fatshame

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Tipping is not really necessary in Thai culture, but maybe 50-100 baht would be a nice gesture.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im going to america one day to see the rust belt and im worruied about tipping because we dont tip here and my ignorance of local customs may be considered rude when its not really meant that way but is just lack of knowledge and i think if i ask how much someone will say a percentage that is too large just to make fun of meand ill think its true and ill be basically rthrowing my money, ill be throwing my money away at sertvice workers and they will think im some kind of idiot even more than people do just from looking at me, and this is just hte sort of thing that goes through,

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Melinda is at the resteraunt, but the order isn't ready yet.,

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

sorr meant to say "through my head" and id like to just say that im not asking hw much i should tip, thanks, see you later friend

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

lonesomedwarf posted:

sorr meant to say "through my head" and id like to just say that im not asking hw much i should tip, thanks, see you later friend

bye thanks for coming

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm a dumb sheltered baby so could someone explain to me if scratching off the tip section of the bill affects the delivery driver in anyway? Twice I've paid about 25% in cash as a tip while scratching out the tip part, and the guy would look kind of irritated and act huffy about it. I mean I just gave you a cash tip, fool. Are you gonna get in trouble or something?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

dunno the logistics of a half blowjob op

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The question is whether a driver works harder than an waitress? I submit that they do. All waitress have to do is bring you jacks and cocke.s

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I ended up not tipping the lady

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wicker Man posted:

I'm a dumb sheltered baby so could someone explain to me if scratching off the tip section of the bill affects the delivery driver in anyway? Twice I've paid about 25% in cash as a tip while scratching out the tip part, and the guy would look kind of irritated and act huffy about it. I mean I just gave you a cash tip, fool. Are you gonna get in trouble or something?

Write the word "Cash", and just write the rest as if you were tipping zero dollars.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Wicker Man posted:

That's weird because usually people get screwed when you pay the tip on your card because of processing fees and maybe having a lovely employer that makes it a hassle to get what they're owed. Plus there's a paper trail that they don't have to deal with when it's cash.

rotinaj posted:

Write the word "Cash", and just write the rest as if you were tipping zero dollars.

I think that would be a huge pain in the rear end on the off chance that the IRS took an interest in that business or the employee.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

no it's more about just the fact that not only do you not trust them to not write it in later to try and steal a few bucks from you but you do it right in front of his face as a 'gently caress you guys lol'

just write the total in and put a line after it why do you have to scratch out the tip bit?

FIRST TIME posted:

That's weird because usually people get screwed when you pay the tip on your card because of processing fees and maybe having a lovely employer that makes it a hassle to get what they're owed. Plus there's a paper trail that they don't have to deal with when it's cash.

I think that would be a huge pain in the rear end on the off chance that the IRS took an interest in that business or the employee.

it's because tips are taxed at 40% because they are treated as a gift (which is dumb) so when you tip $5 on a card at the end of the shift the computer gives the person $3 and automatically withholds the other $2 and marks it as a tax payment on their check stub

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 3, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Moridin920 posted:

no it's more about just the fact that not only do you not trust them to not write it in later to try and steal a few bucks from you but you do it right in front of his face as a 'gently caress you guys lol'

just write the total in and put a line after it why do you have to scratch out the tip bit?

it's because tips are taxed at 40% because they are treated as a gift (which is dumb) so when you tip $5 on a card at the end of the shift the computer gives the person $3 and automatically withholds the other $2 and marks it as a tax payment on their check stub

Never thought of that. But still you think getting it in cash would be enough.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I always tip the delivery driver because I know that at least some companies make drivers pay for their own gas and I'm pretty much at the very edge of every nearby restaurant's delivery zone. That may be standard for food delivery drivers, I don't know.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Moridin920 posted:

Ok, that makes sense. I just write a 0 with a diagonal line through it, I assume that's less offensive than scribbling all over the tip line?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

Never thought of that. But still you think getting it in cash would be enough.

I mean it's not as if it hasn't ever happened before but eh yeah I've heard drivers cashing out saying 'fuckin rear end in a top hat scratching the tip bit out like I'm going to try and steal from him' more than a few times.

Granted it's absurdly rare and I've never met anyone that would risk their job over that but I'm sure tip fraud has happened.

I like the line after the total thing myself because since the $ and the ---- are around the total they can't really change it without it looking super weird and it's a good compromise. Looks more of like an absent minded mark than a calculated 'oh wait lemme make sure this person isn't going to scam me later.' Less effort, too.

0 with a / through it is probably fine, too. I've definitely seen drivers come back with the tip space completely scribbled out and it's like wow they really spent the few seconds to stand there and do that? It's probably just a function of how much effort/time you spend doing it.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 3, 2015

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
if it's just something for my individual consumption i usually tip $2 or 3 but if it's a big bag or multiple bags of poo poo i'll tip roughly 20%

EnabledAssman
Dec 29, 2008
If you have search you can find any number of retarded topics on this terrible subject!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

EnabledAssman posted:

If you have search you can find any number of retarded topics on this terrible subject!

no search please link

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Always tip the delivery guy well. I'm not gay, but I imagine that one day I will get a blowjob offer in return for my generous tip. It isn't gay if I am imagining he is a hot girl delivery woman. Blowjobs are like pizza, because they are always awesome and not necessarily gay if they come from a man (imnotgay).

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Hot chick delivery drivers only work for one week before moving on.

The unattractive ones always stick around.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in my experience if they are an attractive girl they are probably just the manager or assistant manager taking a couple runs

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

no search please link

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734415

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i dont know what this is, but maybe you should have sex with the man, then tell us his name

• Locked thread