Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Does Powershift even own anything obnoxiously loud? Does the Lincoln have glass packs or open headers or something and I missed it?

The lincoln has really old flowmasters and true duals. the 7.3 powerstroke is pretty loud considering most modern diesels sound like a gas, The muffler on the forklift is straight through, I still had to the resonator on the BMW, but the muffler was straight through.

The bus is loud right now, because it hits 2400rpm 3 times before it's doing 30kph.

I don't straight pipe anything because i'm not a dink, but 7+ liter engines and pre-emissions diesels make a lot of noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Sure, diesels can make noise, but not obnoxiously so I wouldn't say. Trucks should sound like trucks! I have a similar setup to your Lincoln (headers, dual exhaust through classic 40s) on my Impala, and while it's not exactly quiet, it's not like running open headers. You don't need earpro to drive it or anything. :shrug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somewhat expected, but someone complained to bylaw about it and they used a loophole to complain about it. a foot of it was sticking out onto "city property" because apparently the city owns the last 2 feet of my driveway. I know who did it, so once it's properly plated, it will live in front of their house while we're doing the interior.

We were able to get it completely stripped, cleaned, and put back together though. It came out really, really nice.

Also got the broadcast sheet for the bus. 5th gear is locked out, not 6th, and it has a 7.17 rear end, it can be geared all the way back to 3.08. Probably going to go with a 3.55 or 3.73, get all 6 gears with TC lockup in 2-6, and get it bumped up to the 300hp/575ft/lb rating of the transmission.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Put a hitch on it and use it to camp out at auctions and tow your conquests back on a flat deck trailer.

Or come be our support squad for the rally.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Put a hitch on it and use it to camp out at auctions and tow your conquests back on a flat deck trailer.

Or come be our support squad for the rally.

If someone will give me $1500 for the seats i pulled out, it can compete in your rally

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Powershift posted:

If someone will give me $1500 for the seats i pulled out, it can compete in your rally

Take a seat from each side and weld them together, sell on Craigslist for $100 as a hipster sofa. In the ad mention that you will explain how the construction process worked so they can tell their hipster friends that they made it themselves.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Atmus posted:

Take a seat from each side and weld them together, sell on Craigslist for $100 as a hipster sofa. In the ad mention that you will explain how the construction process worked so they can tell their hipster friends that they made it themselves.

This is the way to go. Maybe sprinkle a little bit of leftover coal dust on it to give it that authentic feel.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Artisanal carboned fibre reclaimed vintage couch.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Free range cruelty free carbon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I need to pick up a bus like that and add a towing hitch for rescuing Audis.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What is the long term plan for Project Blacklung?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Atmus posted:

Tell them it was made from steel that came from the PBR brewery, SOLD.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

What is the long term plan for Project Blacklung?

Short term is throw some beds, bathroom, and kitchen in it, and take off to the east coast. long term is a camping vehicle that can leave paved roads. It might be a slow build, being put together with auction stuff.

It looks like getting rid of those 7.17 rear gears might cost more than the bus itself did.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Get some comically large tractor tires to make the difference. Added bonus, you'll get about 3' of ground clearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Goddamn this thread got awesome when you got that bus. Now I want a bus.

• Locked thread