Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
send me 100 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Actually this is the best thing you can do with your privilege

quote:

send me 100 dollars

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
My African-American coworkers have informed me that white people are not eligible for affirmative action when we become a minority. I'm a bit confused over the whole thing.

Perhaps the people at the Holocaust museum can help me understand.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Privilege will outlive the white man.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I will grant you such privileges that you will be in the company's servitude for life.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Go work your rear end off and take personal risks and if you make it have people receiving $$$ entitlements while watching Oprah in a lovely ran down apartment picket you.

The only privileges that prevent having to work your rear end off for most of your life are:

1. born rich and luck into a good life circumstance that puts you into a easy-money wave career path (or so rich you don't have to work ever)

2. Working your rear end off and after 5-20 years finding and successfully exploiting a nice wave of easy money that sets you for life

p.s. most people are nice but it doesn't mean they don't live lazy lives that leave them open to being radicalized by tear-them-down style activists

p.p.s. get cleaned up and go to places where people are rich and soak in the good vibes & oggle the cool buildings and kit that catch your eye & you want. It helps me!

METATERREN fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 5, 2015

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm checking my privilege as hard as I can!
\

DONT KINKSHAME

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
pay more taxes you bourgeoise leech

at least thats what the demonRATS think!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

kill you are famil brothhhher

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

METATERREN posted:

Go work your rear end off and take personal risks and if you make it have people receiving $$$ entitlements while watching Oprah in a lovely ran down apartment picket you.

The only privileges that prevent having to work your rear end off for most of your life are:

1. born rich and luck into a good life circumstance that puts you into a easy-money wave career path (or so rich you don't have to work ever)

2. Working your rear end off and after 5-20 years finding and successfully exploiting a nice wave of easy money that sets you for life

p.s. most people are nice but it doesn't mean they don't live lazy lives that leave them open to being radicalized by tear-them-down style activists

p.p.s. get cleaned up and go to places where people are rich and soak in the good vibes & oggle the cool buildings and kit that catch your eye & you want. It helps me!

People with privilege often do work hard to be successful, that's true. Even if you're sailing with a tailwind, you still have to work to get from point A to point B. But people without a lot of privilege have to work harder or have more talent to get the same results, just as it's harder to sail into the wind than with it. I don't want to diminish the success of successful people, I just want them to ask themselves why people who are just as naturally talented and work just as hard as they do aren't as successful.

p.s. Over half the welfare benefit money spent from 2009 to 2011 went to people with jobs

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Pththya-lyi posted:

Actually I do vote because I am upper-middle class and it's super-easy.

E: Plus poor people don't tend to be very well-educated about their voting options because their schools suck. Next you'll be telling me that food insecurity isn't a problem in the US because 99% of poor people have refrigerators

If you are too drat stupid to check the vote by mail box you shouldn't be voting in the first place because you are obviously not informed of the issues :shrug:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol when you take obvious troll threads seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nooner posted:

If you are too drat stupid to check the vote by mail box you shouldn't be voting in the first place because you are obviously not informed of the issues :shrug:

Stupid, or just ignorant? Because ignorance is a relatively easy fix, you just need to give people information. Stupidity is harder, because stupid people refuse to listen.

E: But yeah, maybe we should take measures to prevent our mental inferiors from voting. They used to administer literacy tests in the American South from the 1890s to the 1960s, so that only the right kind of people could vote. I wonder why they stopped?

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 5, 2015

• Locked thread