Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
It's already been renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good, because 8 episodes was definitely not enough.

Arthur's parents, holy poo poo. :lol:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Seriously, guys, I want to know the song that plays in the end credits.

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's already been renewed.
Yep, I posted a link about that a couple of weeks ago. I was honestly a little surprised that it got renewed because not everyone is going to enjoy a show where every character is some kind of rear end in a top hat. But that's why online streaming is so good- you can make a niche show and have it take off with less people needed for network or cable.

precision posted:

Arthur's parents, holy poo poo. :lol:
I refuse to believe that there are people who are that WASPy in the real world.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Y-Hat posted:

Seriously, guys, I want to know the song that plays in the end credits.

White Reaper, "Half Bad".

This show is great-- I've read Julie's book and listened to a bunch of How Was Your Week, so I'm really glad to see that this is getting so much praise.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Y-Hat posted:

I refuse to believe that there are people who are that WASPy in the real world.

My stepdad's parents were like that. Deep in the heart of New England states there exist some very loving strange peoples, friendo.

I once visited a small Connecticut village with a "downtown" that consisted of several each of consignment stores, cake/cookie/pastry/candy stores, and bars. Every car was German. Every woman, clad in faux fur, Virginia Slim in hand. We moved on quick as Billy was getting the dope sickness...

edit: like seriously deep New England is just as fuckin weird as Deep South, as I have lived in each more than any man should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bakersfield chimp posted:

White Reaper, "Half Bad".
Thank you! Gonna try and find their music on Youtube.

precision posted:

My stepdad's parents were like that. Deep in the heart of New England states there exist some very loving strange peoples, friendo.

I once visited a small Connecticut village with a "downtown" that consisted of several each of consignment stores, cake/cookie/pastry/candy stores, and bars. Every car was German. Every woman, clad in faux fur, Virginia Slim in hand. We moved on quick as Billy was getting the dope sickness...

edit: like seriously deep New England is just as fuckin weird as Deep South, as I have lived in each more than any man should
Litchfield County in northwestern Connecticut strikes me as the epicenter of New England WASPiness. Source: I went to school there for two years. And not school as in college, school as in boarding school. There are so many boarding schools in that part of New England (this lends credence to my theory). I also seem to remember that Litchfield's commercial stretch is just like that. My school's town didn't even have anything like that, since it's in such a small town.

It's a nice, quiet area and it gets beautiful during the fall, but the only time I'd want to consider living there is when/if I'm retired.

Edit: I also remembered my school's village has a bunch of antique stores. I think that's enough evidence to deem Litchfield County, CT as America's WASP hive.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 20, 2015

• Locked thread