Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this thread gay?
yes
no
im gay
View Results

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Obama invented an excuse to mail giant checks to insurance companies in exchange for almost nothing (high deductible health insurance is practically useless unless you have a serious medical problem) but the problem is that for Republicans, "almost nothing" is far too much to ask of the insurance companies. We should just mail them giant checks and let them decide what to do with the money because insurance companies are owned and run by rich people and they know what's best for all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Fun fact: Obamacare was a Republican plan, hence why Mitt Romney was the first governor to implement it. They are literally only against their own health care reform, to make Obama look bad.

We live in a loving Orwellian nightmare. There is no sense, only Zool.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
You can get a non-driver's ID easily. It is easier than getting a driver's license.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010
Conservatives hate Obamacare because there is no mechanism to promote good behavior,
Bad driver? Get in alot of accidents? Your rates go up
Lazy sack of poo poo? Sit on the couch all day eating Cheetos coming down with Type 2 diabetes. Don't worry your rates stay the same as everyone else.

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
Because one part of the plan was placing emphasis on making checkups and preventative medicine a major part of the deal. Since conservatives are mostly fat fucks or live in the South and have the worst heart disease and are the fattest of fat fucks on planet earth, they know what that means.

That means the government is FORCING them to go to the doctor, who these fat fucks know will tell them "you're too fat, stop eating garbage in front of the TV all day you fat idiot. You're a fat idiot with a medically diagnosed low IQ and learning disability."

Which is intolerable to a conservative. Car insurance on the other hand is just a cost of doing business. The business of going to places where food is and ingesting lots of it.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Lizards like the lizard

A geico lizard joke? Anyone? No?

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 6, 2015

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Weener Beater posted:

Conservatives hate Obamacare because there is no mechanism to promote good behavior,
Bad driver? Get in alot of accidents? Your rates go up
Lazy sack of poo poo? Sit on the couch all day eating Cheetos coming down with Type 2 diabetes. Don't worry your rates stay the same as everyone else.

What about having diabetes and dying, those are negative.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
checkmate libtards! Check loving mate!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Mad Monk posted:

checkmate libtards! Check loving mate!

Can't argue with numbers.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
There are different types of conservatives, who dislike it for different reasons.

The vast majority of the people who vote for republicans don't like it simply because it's got Obama in the name. They're dumb and it's literally been shown in surveys that if you don't mention Obama or the federal government and explain what it is they're all for it.

The richies don't like it because it erodes their political power base and empowers poor people they employ.

The pseudo-intellectual libertariantards dislike it because of their whole free-market fetish. They don't have a real understanding of economics and corruption and seem to have a delusion that a free market could coexist with human/civil rights without government regulation and some socialized aspects of society. Either that or they know that a truly free market leads to some sort of society that's a dystopia for most people but they believe they are smart enough to get by at middle management or above and live comfortably

The rest are psychopaths.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
It depends if the car is black.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
if ur an illegal, u can just get an driver license. and then when you get into un accidente they just let you go because what can they do?

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Arian_Samurai posted:

What about having diabetes and dying, those are negative.

True. But those are delayed consequences. Nothing motivates like having to pay now.

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

It’s my duty and pride tonight to be able to announce exactly what the Republicans plan to do for health care in America… It’s a very simple plan. Here it is. The Republican health care plan for America: “don’t get sick.” If you have insurance don’t get sick, if you don’t have insurance, don’t get sick; if you’re sick, don’t get sick. Just don’t get sick. … If you do get sick America, the Republican health care plan is this: “die quickly.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

revdrkevind posted:

There is no sense, only Zuul.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I am a far right pro life. I hate it because it encourages not making a million babies, and I don't want my tax money in support of this anti baby making stuffs.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Prorat posted:

Because the tax payers pay for Obama care and not car insurance.

This is the actual reason by the way.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Amarcarts posted:

There are different types of conservatives, who dislike it for different reasons.

The vast majority of the people who vote for republicans don't like it simply because it's got Obama in the name. They're dumb and it's literally been shown in surveys that if you don't mention Obama or the federal government and explain what it is they're all for it.

The richies don't like it because it erodes their political power base and empowers poor people they employ.

The pseudo-intellectual libertariantards dislike it because of their whole free-market fetish. They don't have a real understanding of economics and corruption and seem to have a delusion that a free market could coexist with human/civil rights without government regulation and some socialized aspects of society. Either that or they know that a truly free market leads to some sort of society that's a dystopia for most people but they believe they are smart enough to get by at middle management or above and live comfortably

The rest are psychopaths.

yeah this is it

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
also: individual health insurance bought in a nice blue state cost me $140 a month (excellent coverage)

individual health insurance bought in a red state cost me $300 a month (mediocre coverage)

neither of those used any subsidy, just straight bought insurance from a company

in conclusion: these people are loving retarded and once again working against their best interest

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Scalding Coffee posted:

I want to keep my doctor, my healthcare plan, and not pay hundreds more a month. Do you want to get into an accident with bad or no auto insurance?

As a rich job creator, I don't like being forced by a nanny state government to buy insurance I don't need and which will weasel out of actually paying for most things, much like health insurance. I'd rather throw the dice and pay for the repairs as they come along and pocket the savings the rest of the time.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
until I get hit by a car or some other major healthcare issue befalls me, at which point I will go bankrupt and my healthcare bills will be paid by the taxpayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

revdrkevind posted:

Fun fact: Obamacare was a Republican plan, hence why Mitt Romney was the first governor to implement it. They are literally only against their own health care reform, to make Obama look bad.

We live in a loving Orwellian nightmare. There is no sense, only Zool.
Agreed. Romneycare also failed after they implemented it. Obamacare was almost entirely copy-pasted from Hillarycare, decades ago, that is why the Progressive Establishment of today were ok with it.

• Locked thread