Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am but I basically don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Same here.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have squeezed into the playoffs, but my matchup this week is pretty scary. Gygaxy is a monster team!

I beat them in week 8, but mostly that was because they started a bye week tight end rather than pick up a fillin and have to drop someone important (like the spare kicker or the spare defense) from the roster, plus carlos hyde was hurt and didn't earn points.

This week, though? I have a -2.3 line, and that is not much, especially since ESPN is being extremely optimistic about Charmander West's scoring possibilities in Kansas City's new committee RB situation.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyFG9kdg2RI

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's time to try Tyrod "the Toolman" Taylor. gently caress you, Eli Manning!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Leperflesh posted:

gently caress you, Eli Manning!

I know how this will turn out

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Eagles have been giving up massive points to opposing QBs, and Eli has been sucking. So yes, Eli will have a 30-point day and Tyrod Taylor is going to throw a pick-six on the first play from scrimmage, and then after the kickoff, he'll be sacked for a safety and injured on the play.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

If I had any money, I would wager all of it on that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh god, Rawls out after just 4 points. I hate Seattle so much.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Eli massively outscored Tyrod on my bench, but I won anyway thanks to blessed Odell, plus high-volume Landry.

You're up, DropBears!

I'm also rooting for the Washingtonians (because boy howdy I don't want to face the Bandits. Again.)

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Leperflesh posted:

Eli massively outscored Tyrod on my bench, but I won anyway thanks to blessed Odell, plus high-volume Landry.

You're up, DropBears!

I'm also rooting for the Washingtonians (because boy howdy I don't want to face the Bandits. Again.)

I will beat you! Even though I haven't started this week off that well...

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Antonio Brown is a bad man and I love him so.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

plz pop off like a a million cannons, Calvin Johnson

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What the christ, Danny Woodhead?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Woodhead has been a sneaky good play throughout the season in daily fantasy, but drat, 3 TDs in a playoff week is rough.

Edit: Ok, missed his rushing TD, jeez. That's gotta be up there with some of Mike Alstott's goal line bullshit as a historical fantasy performance with the least yards gained.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 21, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've still got 4 guys left so I'm not sunk, but yeah that performance was kind of out of nowhere.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh hey, Odell Beckham Jr. is (deservedly) suspended. Wheee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

plz pop off like a a million cannons, Calvin Johnson

he could score 5 TDs and I'd still lose :rip:

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Leperflesh posted:

Oh hey, Odell Beckham Jr. is (deservedly) suspended. Wheee

Time to hit up your depth because OBJ is a fuckin' headcase.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been managing my depth well so I'm not boned. But, the last two years, I lost and then won each finals match by less than 5 fantasy points. So assuming I'm downgrading from beckham to, say, anquan boldin or latavius murray or charcandrick west or someone, that's probably like a 10 point swing.

Mind you I haven't won my match this week yet! But I think I have a pretty good chance considering I only need 7+ points from Hightower, Watson, and Prater combined.

It's been such a brutal year in fantasy that I kind of feel like so much came down to luck anyway. :shrug:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, Lone Star, we meet again, for the first time for the last time. And I can see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

Epic.

Just a reminder:

Fish slappers vs. Wire Bandits, 2014: Slappers 101, Bandits 99.

May the best team win, unless it's not me, in which case, may the worst team win.

Also gently caress you, Odell Beckham Jr, you deserve your suspension for throwing a temper tantrum and being a reckless dickhead all over the field Sunday, and now you should sit in a corner and think about all the fantasy football nerds you've just hosed in their championship matches.

e. also haha you dropped James Jones and he immediately put up 20 points, and Edelman probably isn't even going to play

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Rematch is gonna be a blast, though I can't say I'm unhappy at OBJ being a raging moron and taking himself out of your lineup. As for Edelman, ehh, I was able to take a flier last week on him being healthy this week. Not like I was starting Jones in any case, he's too drat volatile, especially with Rodgers not being his usual self the entire season.

Just don't look at the waiver wire nowadays, it's an incredible graveyard of talent.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, in my other league it's dynasty so all the really good players on IR are still rostered. But in this league, jesus it's like a war zone in there, there's dead heroes scattered everywhere.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Go away, Jordan Reed! We all know Philly's pass defense is garbage so you're not impressing anyone. Just calm down and let the other players have a turn ok?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Makes up for Amari Cooper's broken foot!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh! Well then, who's gonna make up for OBJ's temper tantrum?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Murray has? I mean, he came out of nowhere with 21.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Doesn't count because I was starting him regardless. :colbert:

I deserve a huge performance out Sammy Watkins in compensation. Yeah. That's the ticket. Get it done tomorrow, Sammy.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sammy Watkins? Good luck with that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Sammy Watkins? Good luck with that.

:)

It worked out. Also Will Tye squeezing out garbage time points. For a lot of that game I thought Eli Manning was gonna gently caress me from beyond the grave.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I gotta sweat the stat corrections on Thursday now. A two-point margin just isn't enough for comfort.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Christ, did we really never even discuss the conclusion of last season?

Anyway it's time, duders! Time for 2016. Gorbash make a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I've been incredibly busy this summer, and likely will remain so until some time in late September. I'd love to continue it but I don't personally have time to manage everything.

If someone else is willing/able to take up comissioner duties I can get that set up.

• Locked thread