Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
sonic youth is tiresome garbage. they're patient zero of too-cool-to-try hipster posturing. they even invented "yr." like, we're just so over vowels and whatever, you know? put your loving back into it and make music that will actually matter, assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Horniest Manticore posted:

sonic youth is tiresome garbage. they're patient zero of too-cool-to-try hipster posturing. they even invented "yr." like, we're just so over vowels and whatever, you know? put your loving back into it and make music that will actually matter, assholes.

lol if you think sonic youth invented 'yr'

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

song so good

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

logical phalluses posted:

lol if you think sonic youth invented 'yr'

well, it squares very nicely with their "effort is for losers" ethos.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

nop

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

It's good

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

you don't have to encase your likes and dislikes in ironic detachment

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

bensnotacat posted:

you don't have to encase your likes and dislikes in ironic detachment

im actually gay though

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

TEAYCHES posted:

im actually gay though

still

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

axolotl farmer posted:

I saw Sonic Youth live in 1998 or so. They spent the last 15 minutes of the show walking around the stage dragging their guitars and bass behind them making howling feedback noise.

Good show :unsmith:

Thurston Moore headlined my college's music festival my freshman year. Him and another guy stood on stage and made guitar feedback noise for 45 minutes straight.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

not only did i say nop because he quoted his own drat post saying it was good or w.e but the song actually sucked so double nop aka nop keed

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the coolest thing was when someone stole a uhaul full of sonic youth's jazzmasters in the late 90s and they couldnt play a whole bunch of songs for awhile because no one bothered to write down the tunings on a piece of loving paper or something.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Horniest Manticore posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaJo4WSHb_o

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDaqCzuudnU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i only really like this song and the first track on daydream nation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZUbBfPpg-w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia