Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Crummy thread
:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

sourdough or rye?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

i like a good yellow rear end potato bread its like the simpsons of bread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fyodor posted:

i drink my bread

motherfucker can't even spell bullet right.
You know he was drunk

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You fucks. I'm going to go to the store tomorrow and pick up a loaf of something from the bakery, to dip in my balsamic salad, simply because you all tempted me.

Probably a sourdough.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

VendaGoat posted:

You fucks. I'm going to go to the store tomorrow and pick up a loaf of something from the bakery, to dip in my balsamic salad, simply because you all tempted me.

Probably a sourdough.

don't spoil the correct answer!

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

english muffins best muffins

hey brits in the uk do you just call them muffins

like how in canada we call that weird ham bacon

and how in the US they call ranch a beverage

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fyodor posted:

i drink my bread

Beer is drinking bread, whiskey is drinking bread smells.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

this is maritime brown bread, it is amazing an delicious. it is better than boston brown bread because it is made in canada.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

this is maritime brown bread, it is amazing an delicious. it is better than boston brown bread because it is made in canada.

it looks like compressed poo poo loaf hth

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

english muffins best muffins

hey brits in the uk do you just call them muffins

like how in canada we call that weird ham bacon

and how in the US they call ranch a beverage

They're just lovely crumpets.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
The correct and only way to make bread is in a good quality bread machine using exact measurement of ingredients every single time.

:hehe:

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Maldoror posted:

The correct and only way to make bread is in a good quality bread machine using exact measurement of ingredients every single time.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b--wuTCHHJc

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gently caress bread machines, behold my rustic loaf:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that's right. i'm a bread baker. i bake bread.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

are you a masterbaker

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

gently caress bread machines, behold my rustic loaf:

yeah. but, did you gently caress the whole thing?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i don't need to gently caress bread, i have a girlfriend who i lured into my apartment with a loaf of bread on a string.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

i don't need to gently caress bread, i have a girlfriend who i lured into my apartment with a loaf of bread on a string.

:confused:
Then why bake bread?

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Maldoror posted:

You're so loving wrong, bread machine bread sucks rear end. Precise measurements are important, for sure, but you wanna do that poo poo in a stand mixer and bake it on a granite slab and not be a loving plebeian. Bread machines can't handle the ultra-elastic super wet doughs that you need for a truly incredible loaf.

You can't get good bread out of a bread machine because it doesn't give it enough air to form a great crust, you can't do long rests in them because they don't chill themselves. I guess for your lovely everyday bread that's not good for much but toast, a bread machine will do, but if you want proper loving bread, you've gotta loving work for it.

Cymbal Monkey fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 15, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Cymbal Monkey posted:

You're so loving wrong, bread machine bread sucks rear end. Precise measurements are important, for sure, but you wanna do that poo poo in a stand mixer and bake it on a granite slab and not be a loving plebeian. Bread machines can't handle the ultra-elastic super wet doughs that you need for a truly incredible loaf.

You can't get good bread out of a bread machine because it doesn't give it enough air to form a great crust, you can't do long rests in them because they don't chill themselves. I guess for your lovely everyday bread that's not good for much but toast, a bread machine will do, but if you want proper loving bread, you've gotta loving work for it.

tl:dr sperg man

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

sperging about bread is better kept to one's self. that said bread machines loving suck that's why there's like 1000x of them at the thrift store. people make one loaf of bread in it and they're like gently caress this nasty poo poo.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Hell Yeah posted:

That's a duck, you're loving a duck.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB677P24KG8

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Are there any good recommendations for a bread and cheese combo for maximum awesomeness? I like baguettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Are there any good recommendations for a bread and cheese combo for maximum awesomeness? I like baguettes.

White bread, Kraft American cheese, light butter. Cook that Fucker up, you got yourself a grilled cheeses.

Also, crispy garlicky baguette with melted gouda.

• Locked thread