Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Bubby!

I am a big Hollywood producer, and my focus groups show the time is clearly right for Die Hard spinoff starring Ellis.

Pitch me your Ellis movie or TV show. Or give me things you love or hate about Ellis and I can build something off it.

I personally love Ellis and think its funny that he was probably plowing John Mcclane's wife in a big bed covered in money and cocaine while they were separated. I guess that could be some sort of movie. Not really enough for feature length just yet, but it's a jumping off point. We're just spitballing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know this guy!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I think Ellis would make a great character on Seinfeld

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I never knew Ellis could shoot laser beams out of his eye

SirEvelynTremble fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 10, 2015

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I've never seen die hard but i know bruce willis and alan rickman were in that film is there anyway i can help op?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Like, I've seen Bruce Willis in a movie (Sin City) and Alan Rickman in a movie (Dogma) so like, could we combine those movies and turn that into a spinoff of die hard? If I'm wasting your time I'm sorry.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Matey posted:

Like, I've seen Bruce Willis in a movie (Sin City) and Alan Rickman in a movie (Dogma) so like, could we combine those movies and turn that into a spinoff of die hard? If I'm wasting your time I'm sorry.

That + steve urkels dad is in it.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Bip Roberts posted:

ok now we're cooking with gas

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

If you use the plot from both the show and movie as canon it all makes sense.

Probably why Carl never talks about work

Here he is looking pretty up-beat for having just shot a kid earlier in the day

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ellis travels to Encino, California and comes across a frozen caveman in his McMansion backyard. The caveman wheezes lots of juice.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

how was die hard 5?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I thought this was gonna be about Hans Olo.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
it was sweet when they killed ellis

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Sappo569 posted:

If you use the plot from both the show and movie as canon it all makes sense.

Probably why Carl never talks about work

Here he is looking pretty up-beat for having just shot a kid earlier in the day

Carl Winslow's character arc in Die Hard was really great and they never managed to recapture that in any on the subsequent films.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Hey op. Great idea and I think the character is perfect for exploration. How about Ellis and Holly do their Christmas vacation the year before with a roaring fire, mulled wine and brie cheese except...get this...it's at the overlook hotel. One of the many holdings of the tamagotchi or whatever corporation.

Or... Ellis and Argyle in a kind of Hangover-esque mashup romp through LA? With Theo as a reoccurring character and his catchphrase "and the quarterback is toast!" (hand clap) is used throughout?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Making fists with my toes while reading this thread.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Take the plot of Bio-Dome, but it's Ellis who becomes trapped inside and manages to turn it into a libertarian utopia.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

King of Bees posted:

Hey op. Great idea and I think the character is perfect for exploration. How about Ellis and Holly do their Christmas vacation the year before with a roaring fire, mulled wine and brie cheese except...get this...it's at the overlook hotel. One of the many holdings of the tamagotchi or whatever corporation.

Or... Ellis and Argyle in a kind of Hangover-esque mashup romp through LA? With Theo as a reoccurring character and his catchphrase "and the quarterback is toast!" (hand clap) is used throughout?

JA I SEE HIM!

Still can't for the life of me figure out why the duder didn't understand Hans yelling shoot the glass in german, but understood it fine in english??

Help

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Sappo569 posted:

JA I SEE HIM!

Still can't for the life of me figure out why the duder didn't understand Hans yelling shoot the glass in german, but understood it fine in english??

Help
He understood the words he just didn't know why he should do that. The second iteration in English is merely for the audience.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Whirlwind Jones posted:

He understood the words he just didn't know why he should do that. The second iteration in English is merely for the audience.

He was daring to question his leader H. Gruber?

I get the feeling he wouldn't have made it to the escape plan given that sort of lapse in command structure

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Ellis in an American Psycho reboot. Brett Easton ELLIS!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

King of Bees posted:

Ellis in an American Psycho reboot. Brett Easton ELLIS!

Didn't see his business card once, and no suspenders

0/10

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Sappo569 posted:

Didn't see his business card once, and no suspenders

0/10

"You use a gun. I use a pen bubby.... To murder filthy prostitutes and seven sisters chicks and executives!!!"

"And the quarterback is toast!" (Hand clap)

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

King of Bees posted:

"You use a gun. I use a pen bubby.... To murder filthy prostitutes and seven sisters chicks and executives!!!"

"And the quarterback is toast!" (Hand clap)

Ellis strikes me more as a Mercedes man, not knowing that the finest engine ever built is clearly in the BMW 750iL

• Locked thread