Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Are there any LGBTQ protestors at Ferguson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ocean Book posted:

I think it's cool there's a stonewall movie because I never learned anything about it in high school or popular culture growing up but I'm saddened to see its not being well made

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i read something today that said the film depicts the first stone being thrown (at a wall?) by a straight white kid and not the transwoman who actually threw it, that would be a pretty lovely thing to change, but apparently this is just based off little snibblets of footage from a trailer and not the actual scene so the outrage could be for no reason? people like to get angry i think, sometimes over good things but sometimes over things not worth being angry over. i will wait until i know wtf is going on in this crazy fuckin world before i allow myself to get angry about this topic

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Who cares about stupid movies made by stupid people for stupid people?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

whitewashed with hot cis gay cum

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Also no one actually knows the specifics of who did what and when just plenty of varying reports from eye witnesses. Also what the gently caress does cis mean? It keeps reminding me of SIDS

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

plain blue jacket posted:

Also no one actually knows the specifics of who did what and when just plenty of varying reports from eye witnesses. Also what the gently caress does cis mean? It keeps reminding me of SIDS

It's a word for people who aren't part of the <0.5% demographic known as transpeople.

Aka normies

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
someone link the wikipedia article about it tia

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There were maybe 5 transpersons of note at stonewall the rest were gay white men who rightfully are on a victory lap all over america today, and this film is revisionism.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

i read something today that said the film depicts the first stone being thrown (at a wall?) by a straight white kid and not the transwoman who actually threw it, that would be a pretty lovely thing to change, but apparently this is just based off little snibblets of footage from a trailer and not the actual scene so the outrage could be for no reason? people like to get angry i think, sometimes over good things but sometimes over things not worth being angry over. i will wait until i know wtf is going on in this crazy fuckin world before i allow myself to get angry about this topic

i dont think the man rioting in the stonewall riots in the movie by the gay director is going to be a straight guy

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

you gotta remember theres oging to be transwomen in the movie but they're not being played by black transwomen in real life so people are mad

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hemale in pain

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

you gotta remember theres oging to be transwomen in the movie but they're not being played by black transwomen in real life so people are mad

They could just take some of the many black transwomen actors out there.

Wanda Sykes for instance.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I, for one, cannot believe they have people ACTING transgendered in a movie, when they are actually cisgendered.

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp

Roy posted:

They could just take some of the many black transwomen actors out there.

Wanda Sykes for instance.

Theres also the serena and venus williams twins. Athletes would love a cameo appearance.

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp

Neptr posted:

I, for one, cannot believe they have people ACTING transgendered in a movie, when they are actually cisgendered.

Its super hosed up they'd pretend to be another gender.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

where does this fit into the marvel superheroes film canon

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I just hope it opens at Judy Garlands funeral that morning.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Please stop being hate-filled losers, GBS.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
as a gay man: suck a loving dick and stop telling me what media to consume

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
<An alternate reality where all the trans roles are filled with trans actors>

Why are trans actors always type casted into playing trans characters?! :argh:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Clemocracy posted:

schools only try to cover things that matter if at all possible

That isn't true. Harriet Tubman gets a lot of play in schools and she's a nobody in historical terms.

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp

BigBoss posted:

That isn't true. Harriet Tubman gets a lot of play in schools and she's a nobody in historical terms.
I agree but harriet tubman mattered a lot more than a bunch of lgbt people rioting for two days because the bar they went to that was owned by the mafia got raided.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Clemocracy posted:

I agree but harriet tubman mattered a lot more than a bunch of lgbt people rioting for two days because the bar they went to that was owned by the mafia got raided.

I'd say Stonewall is more important than Tubman, but both pale in comparison to someone like James Madison who constantly gets glossed over. Rich white guys are the most historically significant people because they held the most power for centuries. If you have limited time, like a school year, it would be better spent learning about the white men because they did more to shape history than a few feel good stories.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

quote:

To all considering watching the newest whitewashed version of queer history, It is time that black and brown transwomy

That 'y' right there is the exact letter upon which I stopped reading the OP.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Naerasa posted:

That 'y' right there is the exact letter upon which I stopped reading the OP.

I use that as a benchmark of worthlessness

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
It's cool that they've made this film. Tumblrinas would poo poo all over it no matter what they did, so gently caress it. I'm going to watch the entire movie before passing judgement.

Also, if I were a director this would put me right off making other movies about trans people. There was also that poo poo storm about Eddie Redmayne playing a trans woman and it's tedious.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why would you watch this movie who cares

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

cast and crew

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Roland Emmerich is a good director

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlIOw4-3RM

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Roy posted:

Sure, it's about a white guy, but they could have made it about a gerbil-kin who's into vore and piss

idk too much about the movie but it's dumb that the first person to throw the rock at the pigs was a black trans person but in the movie it's apparently a white frat boy lol. call it sjw if you want that's just stupid.

not as stupid as that post tho

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

SplitSoul posted:

cast and crew

lmao it looks like a shot from sesame street, except sesame street actually had a diverse cast

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Keg posted:

Please stop being hate-filled losers, GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
There are twice as many black people as there are dogs so I am not sure why anyone is complaining.

• Locked thread