Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
for several years, every morning a young zen student would greet his master by demanding his master teach him to attain satori, and every morning the zen master would curse his student and force him to do some menial task as punishment for his insolence

one morning, the zen master responded, "satori is the highest attainment of zen, the best state of existence. if you want to understand what is best, put aside everything in your life and leave here today. using only the money you have in your pocket travel across the country and soon you will be enlightened."

three months into the trip and thousands of miles from home the zen student was discouraged and ready to give up. stranded and penniless he wandered aimlessly along a weed choked highway median until he found a run down strip mall with a single business, a computer store. the zen student went in hoping to ask if he could borrow a phone and call his relatives for enough bus fare to come home. as he entered the store he heard the owner and a customer having a violent argument.

"stop trying so sell me what i don't need!" the customer was shouting.

the owner shouted back "i'm just trying to give you what you want!"

the customer slammed down a box on the counter. "like this! don't show me this trash, i only want what's best!"

red faced the owner grabbed the box and shook it at the customer. "trash? trash?! i don't sell trash! everything is the best!"

at this point the customer and the owner noticed the zen student.

the zen student smiled, bowed deeply, and said "thank you," and walked out of the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
after leaving the store, the zen student walked next door to the Something Awful office and took a photo of Lowtax sleeping peacefully on the office couch

pram
Jun 10, 2001

daft punk railroad posted:

after leaving the store, the zen student walked next door to the Something Awful office and took a photo of Lowtax sleeping peacefully on the office couch

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
/u/changetip +1 satori

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
shoulda tried an apple store imo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

for several years, every morning a young zen student would greet his master by demanding his master teach him to attain satori, and every morning the zen master would curse his student and force him to do some menial task as punishment for his insolence

one morning, the zen master responded, "satori is the highest attainment of zen, the best state of existence. if you want to understand what is best, put aside everything in your life and leave here today. using only the money you have in your pocket travel across the country and soon you will be enlightened."

three months into the trip and thousands of miles from home the zen student was discouraged and ready to give up. stranded and penniless he wandered aimlessly along a weed choked highway median until he found a run down strip mall with a single business, a computer store. the zen student went in hoping to ask if he could borrow a phone and call his relatives for enough bus fare to come home. as he entered the store he heard the owner and a customer having a violent argument.

"stop trying so sell me what i don't need!" the customer was shouting.

the owner shouted back "i'm just trying to give you what you want!"

the customer slammed down a box on the counter. "like this! don't show me this trash, i only want what's best!"

red faced the owner grabbed the box and shook it at the customer. "trash? trash?! i don't sell trash! everything is the best!"

at this point the customer and the owner noticed the zen student.

the zen student smiled, bowed deeply, and said "thank you," and walked out of the store.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
and then they did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sham bam bamina! posted: