Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I can make picks without a spread, unless there are a ton of games that are pickems.

Edit, nevermind I am stupid and clicked the nonspread link twice instead of the spread pickem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Lock up your microwaves... SwearingScience is here!
Thanks to everyone for playing this year! I'll insert the postseason games shortly.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Congrats to wafflezombie for winning Eliminator, Slaytanic for wiping the floor with everyone in Pickem and thanks to Rura for running the show again this year!

It was fun on a bun!

ghlbtsk fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 5, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Was Wafflezombie the last guy with no losses in pickem? Becuase he's only at the top of Pickem now due to having not bet one week.

I'm pretty happy with my tie for #1 in reverse pickem. I'm better at picking losers than winners, hah!

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Cheers to Kettle for tying me for 1st palce in spread eliminator at 13-4. I would've been 1st but New England cannot play football in Miami. I, naturally, finished with a worse 11-6 record in regular eliminator, because that makes no sense.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Are you still working on entering the games, Rura? I can see the games, but I cannot bet.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

ghlbtsk posted:

Congrats to wafflezombie for winning Eliminator, Slaytanic for wiping the floor with everyone in Pickem and thanks to Rura for running the show again this year!

It was fun on a bun!

Thanks!

Leperflesh posted:

Was Wafflezombie the last guy with no losses in pickem? Becuase he's only at the top of Pickem now due to having not bet one week.

I'm pretty happy with my tie for #1 in reverse pickem. I'm better at picking losers than winners, hah!

But you're right, I wasn't the last one with no losses. But I will take the secondary glory of being on top of the leaderboard at the end of the season! Especially since my missed bet was due to the site being down.

Thanks again for running this Rura!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Keep playing, goons! There's playoffs Eliminator.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Taking the Pats in eliminator. I'm hoping the Cards win, and if those two things happen, I won't have an available selection in the Superbowl.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Welp, I've managed to guarantee I win playoff spread eliminator or reverse spread eliminator but I can't win both unless the Panthers win by exactly 4 or 5.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
11-0 in Pickem and 4-0 in Eliminator :c00lbert:

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Thanks to everyone for playing this year! It's been fun. The next season is only 7 short months away...

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Dr Tran posted:

11-0 in Pickem and 4-0 in Eliminator :c00lbert:

8-3 and 2-2. I'd like to thank SAS Eliminator for reminding me why I should never bet money on football.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Rura Penthe posted:

Thanks to everyone for playing this year! It's been fun. The next season is only 7 short months away...

THANKS!!! Was awesome as usual!

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
4-0 in postseason eliminator and winning team 30 in the royal rumble roulette, yeah you could say that i'm pretty good at sports :russo:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Thanks again Rura, another great season in the books.

See you in September.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I'd like to give props to EnsGDT for playing the game The Right Way and putting his entire $304,546.35 on the Panthers.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well I got the Broncos money line but because the over paid more it killed my last chance make some money parley. See you for the preseason! Seriously I want to bet on the hall of fame game with funbucks.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I think tied for 3rd in Postseason Reverse Spread Eliminator is about as good as I can hope for.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Rura Penthe posted:

Are we keeping this age-old tradition alive this season my good man ?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
new SAS new SAS new SAS!

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
Yeah I'll get all the games inserted into the DB and open it up again next week. Between Frinkiac, Morbotron, and this I have too many projects...

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Rura Penthe posted:

Yeah I'll get all the games inserted into the DB and open it up again next week. Between Frinkiac, Morbotron, and this I have too many projects...

Rura, where are you?? :)

will the thrill
Aug 18, 2003

When I hit the club, Ima be wit David Banner, a thug ass nigga wit bad table mannaz

Rura Penthe posted:

You built a great module for picking games. Wish I had your skillz. In for my 2nd season.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do some bets

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000
It's all up and running, just haven't sent out an announcement email or started a new thread :)

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Rura Penthe posted:

It's all up and running, just haven't sent out an announcement email or started a new thread :)

Good man !

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why are the Saints favored over the Raiders

And why can't I bet all my funbucks on the Raiders to win outright

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Betting everything on the Titans to cover the spread now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans were winning anyway

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Titans were winning anyway

your QB isn't even the most exotic anymore

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How dare you spread such lies

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rura finally made it to the big time, my work filter blocks the eliminator site for being a gambling site

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Rura finally made it to the big time, my work filter blocks the eliminator site for being a gambling site

BOO!

Luckily the site works pretty well on a cellphone, if you have service. I did a lot of 9:58 AM bets pulled over on the side of the road.:cripes:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Intruder posted:

Why are the Saints favored over the Raiders

And why can't I bet all my funbucks on the Raiders to win outright

Vikings are favored 3 points over the Titans; get your bets in before Rura figures out Teddy dead.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Is there a way to delete groups? My friends and I made a group a long time ago but now no one uses it and it always bugs me to make picks for it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If I remember right, the eliminator site is coded to grab odds from vegas - and it's too early for vegas to have final odds for week 1 games, right? So it might be using old/cached/outdated data for week 1.

In prior years, we had preseason games but the preseason buttons don't bring anything up, so I assume those just aren't there this time. Oh well.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ulmont posted:

Vikings are favored 3 points over the Titans; get your bets in before Rura figures out Teddy dead.

It's still the Titans

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

Leperflesh posted:

If I remember right, the eliminator site is coded to grab odds from vegas - and it's too early for vegas to have final odds for week 1 games, right? So it might be using old/cached/outdated data for week 1.

In prior years, we had preseason games but the preseason buttons don't bring anything up, so I assume those just aren't there this time. Oh well.

I use lines from Pinnacle Sports. The lines are fetched every 5 min or so, and yeah, typically the moneyline odds don't show up until the final few days.

I was too lazy to insert preseason games this year. Maybe I'll go back and insert them later.

I'll be sending out the announcement email and starting a new thread today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rura Penthe
Jun 2, 2000

axeil posted:

Is there a way to delete groups? My friends and I made a group a long time ago but now no one uses it and it always bugs me to make picks for it.

You can't leave a group you own, but you can leave every game inside it. Hit the + button on the group on the make bets page and then leave everything.

• Locked thread