Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it was boring as gently caress and and you're not missing a single thing by never watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
A lot of goons thought they were gonna get another Marvel movie itt.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UobWheCxfoA

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Birdman was mediocre.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Birdman was mediocre.

Ha Ha!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Birdman but would have thought it would have made for a better film if he merely thought he had super powers and plummeted to his death at the end of the movie due to mental ilness

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I liked Birdman but would have thought it would have made for a better film if he merely thought he had super powers and plummeted to his death at the end of the movie due to mental ilness

You could read that this is exactly what happens and it would be just as valid as the alternative.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

14 INCH SLIT posted:

TheJoker138 posted:

You could read that this is exactly what happens and it would be just as valid as the alternative.

It is what happens are you both idiots? Though I think 14 INCH SLIT is joking.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

It is what happens are you both idiots? Though I think 14 INCH SLIT is joking.

The very end scene is pretty clear that he jumped, right up until his daughter looks up into the sky and smiles, which isn't exactly what someone does when their father just took a header out of a hospital window to become street pizza. But either way, I was assuming SLIT was talking about earlier in the film where it did the flying sequence. Clearly that was an hallucination, and I figure he meant it would have been better if he had just hit the pavement.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it was the looking up, literally the entire tone of the movie changed for me because I was rocking around thinking he was just batshit but the whole daughter bit threw me. One simple change, look down, not up.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I was just making Harvey Birdman jokes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The two are distinctly different, first off, he was an actor not an attorney. Secondly, the daughter is no Peanut.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I do think the Birdman movie in a movie was a gritty adaptation of the original Birdman cartoons Harvey Birdman was based on, though. Although I can't find anything to confirm this, it's what I choose to believe.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

14 INCH SLIT posted:

The two are distinctly different, first off, he was an actor not an attorney. Secondly, the daughter is no Peanut.

I really don't care

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I care a socially embarrassing amount

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I care a socially embarrassing amount

:(

Adbot