Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?
All y'all posting about hearing red hot chili peppers on the classic rock station must live in some big forward metropolis. They still play Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots on the modern rock channels round here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ChipNDip posted:

All y'all posting about hearing red hot chili peppers on the classic rock station must live in some big forward metropolis. They still play Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots on the modern rock channels round here.

We don't have "modern rock" channels here, just some classic rock, the Top 40 of the past month, a "variety" channel which is the Top 40 of the past 3 months, and some R&B/Hip-Hop.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

computer parts posted:

All Star was *the* song of 1999.

It definitely was, but I don't think I've ever seen William H. Macy or Janeane Garofalo in a music video!

Edit: Ohhh, it was a Mystery Men thing. Makes sense.

you were warned fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 15, 2015

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

"Classic Rock" I think like stops at somewhere in the mid 80's

I shouldn't be hearing like a Nirvana song immediately after like a david bowie diamond dogs album song or something WTF classic rock stations ease me into that poo poo a little

I think "Alternative Rock" genre is believed to have started up with the grunge era in the '90s, will include some '80s stuff like Talking Heads or early EDM and punk, but can go as far back as stuff like Gary Numan's "Cars" from 1979 and the Sex Pistols' "God Save The Queen" from 1977. And it still includes new music from today.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Young Freud posted:

I think "Alternative Rock" genre is believed to have started up with the grunge era in the '90s, will include some '80s stuff like Talking Heads or early EDM and punk, but can go as far back as stuff like Gary Numan's "Cars" from 1979 and the Sex Pistols' "God Save The Queen" from 1977. And it still includes new music from today.

"lovely poo poo nobody cares about" takes less words.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Toadvine posted:

in hindsight these lyrics are v. prescient for the country

Smash Mouth knew. they even knew it would be in the morning.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Thanks for posting the soundtrack to my Saturday. I think I'll skip the "Creed/Pearl Jam/Nickleback" genre though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCrTkr5dp3Q

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Thanks to this thread i just realized that Dookie is older than Boston's self titled album was when Dookie came out.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

That only became famous when it was the theme song for that show that had the retarded kid in it.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Can i have an autograph corky?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i just tried to play an audio cd on my ps4 and it couldnt read it so im gonna get in on this gently caress millennials thing

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
Hey, does anyone know what they say in that song "Money for nothing"??

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

POWERBALL posted:

chicks for free

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I know, right

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

POWERBALL posted:

that little human being with the earring and the makeup

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
grunge is the new dad rock

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

the coolest thing about 3 doors down is that if you go see local bands playing at some bar in the middle of nowhere there is almost a 100% chance that one of them sounds exactly like 3 doors down. somehow that style really took root in tiny lovely cities and never let go.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

money for nothing would have been way better without the I WANT MY MTV thing

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

shiksa posted:

the coolest thing about 3 doors down is

They're not 311?

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDkhl-CgETg

TwoFire fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

POWERBALL posted:

The Weird Al parody is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4SDhrTPOiI

I think this was my first exposure to 3D animation. I was very little, and I remember feeling confused and slightly upset.

• Locked thread