Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

old dog child posted:

Tell your commish to get that trophy engraved right now

RVProfootballer posted:

I think Tate was a slight reach there, but otherwise I like it all. I guess if I'm being hypercritical, I'd say you could use a safer RB3/flex than Gordon. But really, phenomenal draft :)

The funniest thing is that NFL.com gave me a C+ for the draft and says I have a 38% chance of making the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Kloaked00 posted:

The funniest thing is that NFL.com gave me a C+ for the draft and says I have a 38% chance of making the playoffs

The draft grades are terrible, most of the time, lower the draft grade, better the team.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

Without knowing how the rest of the draft went I think that $10 spent on Randle and McFadden could've gone toward players who aren't in RBBC hell. Maybe a WR3 type like Maclin or Amari Cooper (?) to give you more depth. The first few weeks could be rough but if you make it through your running backs and Martavis could carry you.

I did want Cooper but he went for $21, which was too rich for my blood.

RVProfootballer posted:

You got some ridiculous values. Tannehill, Tate, Miller, Kelce, Abdullah, and Walker are all awesome value. Randle and McFadden for $10 total is great, too, though who the hell knows what's going to happen with them. Super cheap to find out, though! Were Bell and Lynch keepers or something or did people just underestimate how high elite RBs would go for and have to bid a ton on the remaining ones? You should be one of the top contenders.

I couldn't pass up Randle+McFadden for $10 total. I wanted a piece of that Dallas run game. As for Bell and Lynch, they were the first 2 elite RB's nominated, and people were being very cautious. I was psyched to get them both for that price. After that, Lacy went for $72! Other notable overpays were Charles for $65, Luck and Rodgers for $58. Good times!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 9, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Finished the last draft of the year last night! Drafted 9 of 10, half ppr with return yards @ 1 per 20.

QB: Tannehill
RB: CJA
RB: Ingram
WR: Julio
WR: Alshon
TE: Scott Chandler (yes really. On purpose)
Flex: Edelman
Def: Car
K: Haushka

RB BN: Morris, Foster, Crowell, Duke Jr., Ronnie
WR BN: Watkins, Fitz

Was able to open with CJA / Julio, exactly like I hoped. Gore was sniped right before my pick at the 3/4 turn, so I grabbed Ingram instead, then Alshon after the turn. Had my sights on Kelce/Olsen at the end of the 5th but they didn't fall, so I settled for Morris / Edelman instead. I think Edelman was sneaky value here in the 6th - the Yahoo rankings we were drafting from had him at like pick 100 (nonppr by default I think), but he's a ppr stud and will probably be the return man again this year. There was a run on QBs so Watkins then fell to me at the 7/8 turn, and I was happy to take the chance on Foster in the 8th (I knew the guy at the turn wouldn't take him). At the end of the 9th the guy before me took Cam instead of Tanne so I got my QB target too. Unfortunately, Walker/Eifert had just gone as well, so I kept adding ppr depth with Fitz. 11/12 was the Browns duo, then nobody else went before my 13th pick save Stevie, so I nabbed Ronnie and Carolina before finishing up with Haushka and Chandler.

Available TEs include Reed, Green, Miller, and Donnell, so I'm not worried if my Chandler gamble doesn't pan out. If it does, however, I look like a genius, so there's that. Cutler is available if I need QB help I guess.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I've had 2 drafts come up on me "without warning" so I didn't get a chance to read the FF thread so I'm hoping I did alright. First draft: 16 team snake draft, I was 11th. 1PPR , -2 INT and 6TD yahoo league everything else standard

1. (11) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
2. (22) Justin Forsett (Bal - RB)
3. (43) Joseph Randle (Dal - RB)
4. (54) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
5. (75) Teddy Bridgewater (Min - QB)
6. (86) Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)
7. (107) Kendall Wright (Ten - WR)
8. (118) Ryan Mathews (Phi - RB)
9. (139) Derek Carr (Oak - QB)
10. (150) Knile Davis (KC - RB)
11. (171) Michael Crabtree (Oak - WR)
12. (182) Ladarius Green (SD - TE)
13. (203) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
14. (214) David Johnson (Ari - RB)
15. (235) James White (NE - RB)
16. (246) Detroit (Det - DEF)

I am not a fan of this, but 16 teams is REALLY tough to draft for. I need a lot of poo poo to go right.

Second draft was 10 team auction league ($200); .5PPR, some DEF adjustments:

1. (3) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB) $60
2. (16) Julio Jones (Atl - WR) $46
3. (34) Melvin Gordon (SD - RB) $23
4. (37) Brandin Cooks (NO - WR) $25
5. (53) Travis Kelce (KC - TE) $13
6. (64) Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB) $8
7. (72) Martavis Bryant (Pit - WR) $4
8. (84) Vincent Jackson (TB - WR) $3
9. (98) Teddy Bridgewater (Min - QB) $1
10. (108) Darren McFadden (Dal - RB) $5
11. (117) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB) $1
12. (126) Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB) $3
13. (135) Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB) $1
14. (143) Cecil Shorts III (Hou - WR) $1
15. (150) Danny Woodhead (SD - RB) $1
16. (157) Justin Tucker (Bal - K) $1
17. (161) Larry Donnell (NYG - TE) $2

I like the way everything panned out for me here. I don't feel like I overspent on anything because everything is pretty solid.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

TUS posted:

I've had 2 drafts come up on me "without warning" so I didn't get a chance to read the FF thread so I'm hoping I did alright. First draft: 16 team snake draft, I was 11th. 1PPR , -2 INT and 6TD yahoo league everything else standard

1. (11) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
2. (22) Justin Forsett (Bal - RB)
3. (43) Joseph Randle (Dal - RB)
4. (54) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
5. (75) Teddy Bridgewater (Min - QB)
6. (86) Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)
7. (107) Kendall Wright (Ten - WR)
8. (118) Ryan Mathews (Phi - RB)
9. (139) Derek Carr (Oak - QB)
10. (150) Knile Davis (KC - RB)
11. (171) Michael Crabtree (Oak - WR)
12. (182) Ladarius Green (SD - TE)
13. (203) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
14. (214) David Johnson (Ari - RB)
15. (235) James White (NE - RB)
16. (246) Detroit (Det - DEF)

I am not a fan of this, but 16 teams is REALLY tough to draft for. I need a lot of poo poo to go right.

Second draft was 10 team auction league ($200); .5PPR, some DEF adjustments:

1. (3) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB) $60
2. (16) Julio Jones (Atl - WR) $46
3. (34) Melvin Gordon (SD - RB) $23
4. (37) Brandin Cooks (NO - WR) $25
5. (53) Travis Kelce (KC - TE) $13
6. (64) Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB) $8
7. (72) Martavis Bryant (Pit - WR) $4
8. (84) Vincent Jackson (TB - WR) $3
9. (98) Teddy Bridgewater (Min - QB) $1
10. (108) Darren McFadden (Dal - RB) $5
11. (117) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB) $1
12. (126) Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB) $3
13. (135) Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB) $1
14. (143) Cecil Shorts III (Hou - WR) $1
15. (150) Danny Woodhead (SD - RB) $1
16. (157) Justin Tucker (Bal - K) $1
17. (161) Larry Donnell (NYG - TE) $2

I like the way everything panned out for me here. I don't feel like I overspent on anything because everything is pretty solid.

you ovetspent on Gordon since he is in a RBBC but its ok because you stole Coleman who is now starting for the Falcons

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
12 Team, 0.5 PPR, picked 7th, could use some evaluation on how I did. I never thought Antonio Brown would drop to me at 7, so it kinda threw me off in terms of my draft strategy. Ended up going RB/RB in the 2nd/3rd which I think turned out ok. I think if I would have waited, I would have been picking from the remains of the next tier of RBs.

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Mark Ingram
RB: Lamar Miller
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Golden Tate
Flex: Davante Adams
TE: Tyler Eifert
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Hauschka
B: Todd Gurley
B: Doug Martin
B: Anquan Boldin
B: Stevie Johnson
B: Victor Cruz
B: Khiry Robinson
B Brandon Coleman

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
What do you guys think of my team? Footballguys rate my team hated it for some reason, saying I was weak at QB, RB, and WR. We play QB 2WR 2RB Sflex (usually QB), TE, K, D. Standard scoring, 10 teams. We can only hold 2 QBs on the roster. Not sure how having two top 5 QB in a 2 QB league is weak at QB...

QB - Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson
WR - AJ Green, Maclin, John Brown, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson
RB- LeVeon Bell, Doug Martin, Yeldon, McFadden, Bernard
TE - Gronkowski
D- KC, Denver
K - Bailey

I figure I need one of Martin or Yeldon to be startable and I should be set?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

What do you guys think of my team? Footballguys rate my team hated it for some reason, saying I was weak at QB, RB, and WR. We play QB 2WR 2RB Sflex (usually QB), TE, K, D. Standard scoring, 10 teams. We can only hold 2 QBs on the roster. Not sure how having two top 5 QB in a 2 QB league is weak at QB...

QB - Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson
WR - AJ Green, Maclin, John Brown, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson
RB- LeVeon Bell, Doug Martin, Yeldon, McFadden, Bernard
TE - Gronkowski
D- KC, Denver
K - Bailey

I figure I need one of Martin or Yeldon to be startable and I should be set?

How many teams? Even if Yeldon or Martin are only mid range RB3s, your team will be a front runner every week once Bell is back.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

RVProfootballer posted:

How many teams? Even if Yeldon or Martin are only mid range RB3s, your team will be a front runner every week once Bell is back.

10 teams

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
How bad did I screw up my draft? Some classmates talked me into joining a league last minute, even though I only watch NCAA and had never been in a league beforehand.

10 person, standard scoring, 2RB/3WR/Flex, #4 pick

QB- Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer
RB- Jamaal Charles,Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris, Joique Bell
WR- Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, DeSean Jackson, Torrey Smith, Marques Colston
TE- Kyle Rudolph, Zach Ertz
K- Matt Prater
Def- Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots

I screwed up in a few places (following a guide recommending a bench defense, a few questionable injured players), but is it somewhat salvageable?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Spiggy posted:

How bad did I screw up my draft? Some classmates talked me into joining a league last minute, even though I only watch NCAA and had never been in a league beforehand.

K- Matt Prater

I screwed up in a few places (following a guide recommending a bench defense, a few questionable injured players), but is it somewhat salvageable?

its not awful but you are very weak at WR considering you start 3 + a flex. I like you everywhere else though. if its a ppr league its even worse

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Spiggy posted:

K- Matt Prater

I'd drop Palmer and/or the extra defense for a WR with some upside like Devante Parker or Dorial Green-Beckham. Your guys have a lot of issues with injuries, age, and situations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Final draft before the weekly grind, and I think I had my best one yet.

10 teams, 0 ppr standard

1.09: Julio Jones
2.12: Jeremy Hill
3.29: DeAndre Hopkins
4.32: Frank Gore
5.49: Golden Tate
6.52: Jonathan Stewart
7.69: Tom Brady
8.72: Chris Ivory
9.89: Nelson Agholor
10.92: C.J. Spiller
11.109: Stevie Johnson
12.112: Sam Bradford
13.129: Owen Daniels
14.132: Carolina
15.149: Mike Nugent

QB: Tom Brady, Sam Bradford
RB: Jeremy Hill, Frank Gore, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Ivory, C.J. Spiller
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Golden Tate, Nelson Agholor, Stevie Johnson
TE: Owen Daniels
DST: Carolina
K: Mike Nugent

Couldn't be more happy with my WRs. The RB group has some age/injury concerns but I like the amount of sure starters I was able to grab. I don't have having two QBs in a 10-team league, but Bradford was sitting right there at the end of the draft and I couldn't resist.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Benne posted:

Final draft before the weekly grind, and I think I had my best one yet.

10 teams, 0 ppr standard

1.09: Julio Jones
2.12: Jeremy Hill
3.29: DeAndre Hopkins
4.32: Frank Gore
5.49: Golden Tate
6.52: Jonathan Stewart
7.69: Tom Brady
8.72: Chris Ivory
9.89: Nelson Agholor
10.92: C.J. Spiller
11.109: Stevie Johnson
12.112: Sam Bradford
13.129: Owen Daniels
14.132: Carolina
15.149: Mike Nugent

QB: Tom Brady, Sam Bradford
RB: Jeremy Hill, Frank Gore, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Ivory, C.J. Spiller
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Golden Tate, Nelson Agholor, Stevie Johnson
TE: Owen Daniels
DST: Carolina
K: Mike Nugent

Couldn't be more happy with my WRs. The RB group has some age/injury concerns but I like the amount of sure starters I was able to grab. I don't have having two QBs in a 10-team league, but Bradford was sitting right there at the end of the draft and I couldn't resist.

Seems like you got Ivory, Spiller, and Agholor quite a bit later than they are typically drafted, and I think Daniels has a lot of upside based on previous productivity for a late TE, looks pretty good.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 9, 2015

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
12 team, 1 PPR, 3WR/2RB/1TE/no flex, standard scoring Yahoo league. My first auction draft and I wasn't well prepared because I thought it was a snake draft until about 20 minutes before. Whoops. Tell me what I've done to myself.

(Also Julius Thomas was an autobid because I had to leave in the last round. I'm thinking dump him and LaFell at least, and see what I can pick up on the waiver?)

Also Arizona DEF and Andrew Franks as my kicker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Just had this final draft I got invited to today.. done on yahoo, 12 team, 0.5 ppr - QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / FLEX / TE / D/ST / K and $50 buy in.

Apart from one guy going Marshawn Lynch -> Russell Wilson -> Jimmy Graham -> Stephen Gostkowski -> Seattle Defense in the first 5 rounds.. it was a pretty average draft I guess

I had 1st pick

1 - Adrian Peterson
2 - Randall Cobb
3 - Lamar Miller
4 - Jordan Matthews
5 - Golden Tate
6 - Jarvis Landry
7 - Matt Ryan
8 - Nelson Agholor
9 - Joique Bell
10 - Stevie Johnson
11 - Danny Woodhead
12 - Austin Seferian-Jenkins
13 - Sam Bradford
14 - Cleveland DEF
15 - Mason Crosby

Both AP and Miller are off on week 5 bye so I'll be real weak at RB then, probably gonna try to trade Agholor and something for another RB, but I think this went well

BurtRynldsmustache
Mar 11, 2012

I joined a pay league that the guys at work are putting on. We just drafted last night and I have been feeling some anxiety about it as I think I could have drafted better. So with out further ado here is my team.

(10 team PPR league)
QBS: Tony Romo/Cam Newton (I was one pick away from getting A-Rod)
RBS: Adrian Peterson/Frank Gore/TJ Yeldon/Todd Gurley/Run DMC/Matt Jones (just picked him up over Chris Johnson)
WRS: Randall Cobb/Amari Cooper/Allen Robinson/Charles Johnson (MN)/Larry Fitzgerald/Torrey Smith
TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins

There are individual D players but I will save my breath with those. Pretty much a standard scoring league. Thanks for any input ahead of time.

“Now, in the middle of the night, you hear me wake up in this cold sweat going, Bond, James Bond.”

BurtRynldsmustache fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 10, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Varg posted:

Just had this final draft I got invited to today.. done on yahoo, 12 team, 0.5 ppr - QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / FLEX / TE / D/ST / K and $50 buy in.

Apart from one guy going Marshawn Lynch -> Russell Wilson -> Jimmy Graham -> Stephen Gostkowski -> Seattle Defense in the first 5 rounds.. it was a pretty average draft I guess

I had 1st pick

1 - Adrian Peterson
2 - Randall Cobb
3 - Lamar Miller
4 - Jordan Matthews
5 - Golden Tate
6 - Jarvis Landry
7 - Matt Ryan
8 - Nelson Agholor
9 - Joique Bell
10 - Stevie Johnson
11 - Danny Woodhead
12 - Austin Seferian-Jenkins
13 - Sam Bradford
14 - Cleveland DEF
15 - Mason Crosby

Both AP and Miller are off on week 5 bye so I'll be real weak at RB then, probably gonna try to trade Agholor and something for another RB, but I think this went well

Congrats on your championship

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Rate it, nerds. Pick 10, 14 man PPR.

QB- Romo
WR - Emmanuel Sanders, Andre Johnson
RB - CJ Anderson, Justin Forsett
Flex - Jarvis Landry
TE - Heath Miller
Bench - Agholor, Roddy White, Colston, Doriel GB, Ryan Mathews, Sankey
K - Josh Brown
DEF - Miami

Funchess and Hurns still FAs.

e: Funchess on WW, got dropped for whatever reason right after the draft.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 10, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

weekly font posted:

Rate it, nerds. Pick 10, 14 man PPR.

QB- Romo
WR - Emmanuel Sanders, Andre Johnson
RB - CJ Anderson, Justin Forsett
Flex - Jarvis Landry
TE - Heath Miller
Bench - Agholor, Roddy White, Colston, Doriel GB, Ryan Mathews, Sankey
K - Josh Brown
DEF - Miami

Funchess and Hurns still FAs.

e: Funchess on WW, got dropped for whatever reason right after the draft.

Stacked for a 14 team league. Forsett, Sanders, AJ, and Landry in the 2nd through 5th (in that order, I assume?) was like perfect drafting for full PPR.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

RVProfootballer posted:

Stacked for a 14 team league. Forsett, Sanders, AJ, and Landry in the 2nd through 5th (in that order, I assume?) was like perfect drafting for full PPR.

Yeah spot on. I actually got saved in round 6. Yahoo hiccuped when I was trying to click Allen Robinson with five seconds left and it gave me Romo. I was real mad but then Tanny, Ryan and Bradford went off the board before my next pick and I felt like goddamn Neo dodging bullets.

e: First few rounds felt pretty auto but BeerSheets were big in the laters.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Auction Draft 12 person .5PPR

QB Bradford
WR Hilton
WR Cooks
RB L Bell
RB Forte
Flex Ellington
Flex Garcon
TE Miller
DEF Carolina
Bench
Sankey
DWilliams
David Johnson
Stevie Johnson
Bridgewater
SIMS!!!!
Coleman
Gates

How did I do?l

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Really well, I think. No need to roster Bridgewater, though.

Here's my latest (and last!): 12 team .5 PPR

QB: Bradford
RB: Forte, Stewart, Abdullah, McFadden, T. Mason, M. Jones, A. Williams
WR: OBJ (K), Cobb, J. Mathews (K), Landry, Wright
TE: Black Unicorn

matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.
I think I like my team, but who the gently caress knows. PPR league, 12 teams, 1QB 1RB 2WR 2flex 3IDP

QB: Stafford, Palmer
RB: Lacy, Hill, Crowell, J. Bell
WR: Alshon, B. Cooks, A. Cooper, Stills
TE: D. Walker, Ertz
K: Carpenter
D: Jets

L. David (LB)
C. Jones (DE)
J. Cyprien (S)

Chairman Moo
Apr 10, 2006
10 team 0PPR, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE 1TE D K

QB: Bradford, Rivers
RB: Anderson, Hill, Gore, Spiller, K. Davis, M. Jones
WR: Matthews, Adams, Marshall, Smith Sr, Funchess
TE: Olsen
K: Parkey
D: Cards

I tried something different in this one. I skipped a obvious WR1 for RBs. Think my WRs are enough?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I felt much more confident about this team after we drafted ~3 weeks ago. :(

2QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex

Since then I've lost Jordy Nelson, F-Jax to Seattle, had LaFell go to PUP, and most of my WR fliers look like garbage.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
2 more drafts.

Keeper League, 1 PPR

1. Julio Jones
2. Lamar Miller
3. Ameer Abdullah
4. Nelson Agholor
5. Rob Gronkowski*
6. Matt Ryan
7. Stevie Johnson
8. Khiry Robinson
9. David Cobb
10. Brian Quick
11. Teddy Bridgewater
12. Tyler Lockett
13. Karlos Williams
14. Colts
15. McManus
16. Odell Beckham*

IDP League (I left out the rounds I picked a defensive player), 1 PPR and we have 3 flex for a possible 4 starting wr

1. Le'veon Bell
2. Deandre Hopkins
3. Lamar Miller
4. Amari Cooper
5. Jarvis Landry
6. John Brown
7. Arian Foster
8. Duke Johnson
9. Darren McFadden
10. Philip Rivers
11. Stevie Johnson
13. Tyler Lockett
15. Dwayne Allen
16. Khiry Robinson
19. McManus
20. Cordarrelle Patterson (comedy last pick)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Zypher posted:

Really well, I think. No need to roster Bridgewater, though.

Here's my latest (and last!): 12 team .5 PPR

QB: Bradford
RB: Forte, Stewart, Abdullah, McFadden, T. Mason, M. Jones, A. Williams
WR: OBJ (K), Cobb, J. Mathews (K), Landry, Wright
TE: Black Unicorn

I think RB could get pretty bumpy but that WR corps is purdy. Unicorn is J Thomas? Hurt for a while. Also get another QB on the roster, I love Bradford in a contract year but our offense can get QBs hurt if they aren't mobile and - shocking - Bradford hasn't been.

Slagwag
Oct 27, 2010

"I am not a nugget!"
I was not prepared for this 14 team league. No defense/kicker , 1 point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 6 Bench - I do have some regrets but hopefully it works out. I drafted 10th out of the 14 teams:

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Justin Forsett, Ameer Abdullah
WR: Antonio Brown, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson
FLEX: Larry Fitzgerald, Eddie Royal
TE: Greg Olsen
Bench: Shane Vereen, Knile Davis, Royo Helu, Matt Jones, Kenny Stills, Marquess Wilson

Waiver wire is looking rather sad so I tried to grab either backups or potential young players that could boom. I ended up with Ameer Abdullah in the 4th, a tad early than I would have liked but he seemed to have the most upside with the 47th overall pick. For this week I am considering putting Ameer on the back burner as they give Bell a shot (assuming he is healthy). With that I can throw Shane Vereen in his place.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I think RB could get pretty bumpy but that WR corps is purdy. Unicorn is J Thomas? Hurt for a while. Also get another QB on the roster, I love Bradford in a contract year but our offense can get QBs hurt if they aren't mobile and - shocking - Bradford hasn't been.

Black Unicorn is Martellus Bennett

Slagwag posted:

I was not prepared for this 14 team league. No defense/kicker , 1 point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 6 Bench - I do have some regrets but hopefully it works out. I drafted 10th out of the 14 teams:

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Justin Forsett, Ameer Abdullah
WR: Antonio Brown, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson
FLEX: Larry Fitzgerald, Eddie Royal
TE: Greg Olsen
Bench: Shane Vereen, Knile Davis, Royo Helu, Matt Jones, Kenny Stills, Marquess Wilson

Waiver wire is looking rather sad so I tried to grab either backups or potential young players that could boom. I ended up with Ameer Abdullah in the 4th, a tad early than I would have liked but he seemed to have the most upside with the 47th overall pick. For this week I am considering putting Ameer on the back burner as they give Bell a shot (assuming he is healthy). With that I can throw Shane Vereen in his place.

Antonio Brown falling to 10th in a PPR 3 WR league is a godsend. Ameer and Bell have two different roles so I wouldn't be gunshy with him, especially because your RB depth is quite shaky. Hopefully one of the lottery tickets pans out.

Psikotik posted:

2 more drafts.

Keeper League, 1 PPR

1. Julio Jones
2. Lamar Miller
3. Ameer Abdullah
4. Nelson Agholor
5. Rob Gronkowski*
6. Matt Ryan
7. Stevie Johnson
8. Khiry Robinson
9. David Cobb
10. Brian Quick
11. Teddy Bridgewater
12. Tyler Lockett
13. Karlos Williams
14. Colts
15. McManus
16. Odell Beckham*

IDP League (I left out the rounds I picked a defensive player), 1 PPR and we have 3 flex for a possible 4 starting wr

1. Le'veon Bell
2. Deandre Hopkins
3. Lamar Miller
4. Amari Cooper
5. Jarvis Landry
6. John Brown
7. Arian Foster
8. Duke Johnson
9. Darren McFadden
10. Philip Rivers
11. Stevie Johnson
13. Tyler Lockett
15. Dwayne Allen
16. Khiry Robinson
19. McManus
20. Cordarrelle Patterson (comedy last pick)

First league your RB depth falls off a cliff in a hurry. Why both Matt Ryan and Bridgewater? Sweet, sweet receiving corps.

Second league Deandre Hopkins seems like a bit of a reach at 2. But picking up Landry and Cooper in 4/5 helps balance that out. I also don't like pairing Arian Foster with Le'veon Bell. I guess you're starting McFadden the first two weeks? I'm hoping that'll work out for you because I've got my own shares of McFadden but I feel like you've put yourself in an unnecessarily risky situation here to start.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Zero_Grade posted:

I felt much more confident about this team after we drafted ~3 weeks ago. :(

2QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex

Since then I've lost Jordy Nelson, F-Jax to Seattle, had LaFell go to PUP, and most of my WR fliers look like garbage.

Why roster Drew Stanton? You're fine with your other 3 QBs. Sucks hard to lose Nelson. Hopkins and Landry will anchor for you. Cross your fingers and hope that goon favorite Stevie performs for you in that 3rd WR spot. Is it a keeper league? Otherwise why are you still holding onto Jordy?

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Zypher posted:

First league your RB depth falls off a cliff in a hurry. Why both Matt Ryan and Bridgewater? Sweet, sweet receiving corps.

Second league Deandre Hopkins seems like a bit of a reach at 2. But picking up Landry and Cooper in 4/5 helps balance that out. I also don't like pairing Arian Foster with Le'veon Bell. I guess you're starting McFadden the first two weeks? I'm hoping that'll work out for you because I've got my own shares of McFadden but I feel like you've put yourself in an unnecessarily risky situation here to start.

I wasn't too worried about out RBs in the first league.

Second league Hopkins in the 2nd was the next best available receiver. I'll be starting Lamar Miller until Bell is back from suspension with 4 wrs. If Miller has a good start, I'll start him along with Bell week 3 with 3 wrs.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
You only have one pure RB slot? That makes more sense.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Zypher posted:

You only have one pure RB slot? That makes more sense.

Second league , yes. We start 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE and 3 W/R/T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hi we had super late drafts this year.

ESPN 2QB, 0.5 ppr, 4pt pass TD, 6pt rec/rush TD. 8 people.

7 Matt Forte, Chi RB
10 Andrew Luck, Ind QB
23 Randall Cobb, GB WR
26 Justin Forsett, Bal RB
39 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
42 T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR
55 Latavius Murray, Oak RB
58 Jason Witten, Dal TE
71 Vincent Jackson, TB WR
74 Todd Gurley*, StL RB (Marcus Mariota, Ten QB)
87 Joe Flacco, Bal QB
90 Anquan Boldin, SF WR
103 Delanie Walker, Ten TE
106 Rams D/ST D/ST
119 Adam Vinatieri, Ind K
122 Steve Smith Sr., Bal WR
135 Devonta Freeman, Atl RB

Context:

Got Gurley and Delanie on Autodraft accidentally because the rounds moved quickly and ESPN's servers/my wireless with seven people were slow. Gurley has been replaced by Mariota.

---------------

Yahoo IDP, 3WR, superflex; 6pt passing/receiving/rushing TD. 12 people.

1. (6) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. (19) Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG - WR)
3. (30) Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
4. (43) Brandin Cooks (NO - WR)
5. (54) Teddy Bridgewater (Min - QB)
6. (67) Amari Cooper (Oak - WR)
7. (78) T.J. Yeldon (Jax - RB)
8. (91) Colin Kaepernick (SF - QB)
9. (102) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
10. (115) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
11. (126) Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
12. (139) Bishop Sankey (Ten - RB)
13. (150) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
14. (163) Luke Kuechly (Car - LB)
15. (174) Eric Weddle (SD - S)
16. (187) Chandler Jones (NE - DE)
17. (198) Dan Bailey (Dal - K)
18. (211) Jamie Collins (NE - LB)
19. (222) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
20. (235) Jelani Jenkins (Mia - LB)
21. (246) Prince Amukamara (NYG - CB)
22. (259) Denver (Den - DEF)

I got top post-draft ratings for the sites in both leagues which worries me because those are usually garbage. How did I actually do?

• Locked thread