Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
because of a Gorilla's increased intelligence compared to a Bear, I do wonder if it'd be possoble to train a gorilla in bear fighting techniques, turning him into a kind of primate dragon-slayer?. do Gorillas have the ability to turn their brain and tool-using abilities to the martial arts like Gorilla Fu, or even to some kind of gorrilkenjustu? i don't know if you could find a guy badass enough to actually train the gorilla, though. maybe a robot could do it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Excelzior posted:

were bears ever around sabre tooth tigers

cuz I think those teeth could get through the bear`s muscle and fat and tear up some vitals

we need a time machine, pronto

quote:

In a recent study, the mass of six specimens was estimated, one-third of them weighed about 900 kg (1 short ton), the largest being UVP 015 at 957 kg (2,110 lb), suggesting specimens that big were probably more common than previously thought.[2] It stood 8–10 feet (2.4–3.0 m) tall on hind legs[7] while a large specimen would have been 11–12 feet (3.4–3.7 m) tall with a 14-foot (4.3 m) vertical arm reach, and 5–6 feet (1.5–1.8 m) high at the shoulder when walking on all fours, it was tall enough to look a man in the eye.[8][9][10] At Riverbluff Cave, Missouri, a series of claw marks up to 15 feet (4.57 m) high have been found along the cave wall indicating Short-faced bears over 12 feet (3.65 m) tall.[11][12]

Short faced bears were badass.

naem
May 29, 2011

bears (bears)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Make it more interesting.

naem
May 29, 2011

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I like ther one with the anime

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Could be wrong here but don't bears leave if you freak out and wave your arms round and don't gorillas loving excel at exactly that.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

how the hell any of youse idiots STILL think that a bear would even have a chance of not being pulled apart like wet bread by some huge loving silverback after TEN loving YEARS of arguing about it boggles the poo poo outta me

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Bears are cool, agreed.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

bitmap posted:

how the hell any of youse idiots STILL think that a bear would even have a chance of not being pulled apart like wet bread by some huge loving silverback after TEN loving YEARS of arguing about it boggles the poo poo outta me

get this: bears are also really big oh and they are really really strong too

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

a better question is, could an extremely tall, heavy, strong man, trained from birth to fight gorillas, win in unarmed combat against a gorilla?

this question... n-not again...

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

proof of concept posted:

naem
May 29, 2011

proof of concept posted:

Same! (The same)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Fellbat posted:

Could be wrong here but don't bears leave if you freak out and wave your arms round and don't gorillas loving excel at exactly that.

Yeah Bear would just walk away and eat berries and the gorilla would scuttle or lope or whatever the gently caress they do away and wrestle his gay gorilla buddies, touching dicks together and poo poo.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
bear

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

symbolic posted:

the spectators

Lol'd. Good work.

naem
May 29, 2011

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

If a man can do it, a Gorilla can do it better.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Ddraig posted:

The two animals circled one another in the cage before Parnell once again pounced and sunk his teeth into Ramadan’s neck. Again the bear responded by hugging his opponent with all his might. The lion’s teeth sunk deeper. In response, the grizzly’s grip grew tighter. To those in attendance it was unclear which of the beasts would give in first. Then, without warning, the lion let go and bellowed out a roar of pain, the bear’s hold so tight that one observer remarked, “I could almost hear the bones cracking.” Ramadan then grabbed Parnell with “a beautiful half Nelson that would have done credit to a professional wrestler” and hurled the lion.

Parnell turned a complete somersault in the air before landing on his feet in the center of the cage. Recovering quickly, the lion circled and attacked Ramadan from the rear. The bear, showing agility not seen up to this point, turned, grabbed the lion, and lifted him into the air. With Parnell’s head dangling, Ramadan began squeezing and shaking the feline as if it weighed the same as a house cat. Ramadan then lifted his opponent into the air and threw him against the side of the cage.

Tell me why this has to be illegal again? If it wasn't for people ruining everything we could be watching this instead of Wayward Pines.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Tell me why this has to be illegal again? If it wasn't for people ruining everything we could be watching this instead of Wayward Pines.

Hey wayward pines features multiple formerly famous people who look like your grandparents did when you were a kid now at least they're getting work

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Molentik posted:

If a man can do it, a Gorilla can do it better.

that had to be a dog sized bear or something because an adult grizzly could have just pushed him into the ground with his weight and bit that arm off while it disemboweled him with its hind legs and its forelegs ripped his torso in half

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Also, even if it was a full grown grizzly, Petersen probably benefited from having some basic biological knowledge, and knowing that headlock=K.O.=time bought to beat an unconscious bear to death.

I doubt a gorilla would know more than "beat thing with all might till thing stop move"

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lmao all day at this

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
Animorphs chat time

Rachel in Grizzly morph vs Marco in Gorilla morph?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

KlavoHunter posted:

Animorphs chat time

Was the animorphs series proto-furry?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

KlavoHunter posted:

Animorphs chat time

the white girl wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Ramsus posted:

i grew up right near a herd that would hang out in fields.

in grade school i'd go in the woods by my house and if they were there they would run for it

elk are not scary

lmao they've found corpses being carried around, impaled on their antlers

• Locked thread